Game 7 Habs vs Leafs 7:00 PM ET

JoeLassister

I forget who but I read an article I think it was about Washington and they talked About another player who had a similar run like marner in the playoffs… they said he looked bad too, but then went on to become a huge production guy in the playoffs and everyone forgets about His first few series..

I suspect Marner will break out of this at some point.. I don’t think he played bad at all.. they had lots of chances and against a non Price goalie might have had several goals..

Hahahahahahahahaha! 

That felt GOOOOOOD. 

I'm so glad I'm not watching Toronto playing with announcers constantly repeating... "Having eliminated the Canadians as expected in.... "  " games.. they expect a more serious challenge from.... " 

hahahaha! 

Go Boys!

20 minutes ago, brobin said:

I forget who but I read an article I think it was about Washington and they talked About another player who had a similar run like marner in the playoffs… they said he looked bad too, but then went on to become a huge production guy in the playoffs and everyone forgets about His first few series..

I suspect Marner will break out of this at some point.. I don’t think he played bad at all.. they had lots of chances and against a non Price goalie might have had several goals..

A major question is whether the LAFFS want to continue to tie up 13.4% of their cap on that hope ... OR ... re-tool their roster with an et=ye to better playoff performance

55 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

A major question is whether the LAFFS want to continue to tie up 13.4% of their cap on that hope ... OR ... re-tool their roster with an et=ye to better playoff performance

If I was them, I would stick to their core and mess around with the parts around them…

that said, I hope they blow it up.l I would be willing to trade druoin for Marner..😂

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, brobin said:

If I was them, I would stick to their core and mess around with the parts around them…

that said, I hope they blow it up.l I would be willing to trade druoin for Marner..😂

I hope that with good and deserved support Drouin is able to shift his vision back onto what a grace it is to play professional hockey for Les Habitants and recover a sense of sheer joy which is where he should be headed. And never mind all us turkey vultures. 

15 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Agree Look how many tries it took Ovie and the caps. Leafs will probably win a cup or come close in the next 5 years.  Habs probably don't win if Tavares plays.

A much more talented Oilers team blew a big series lead against us he Kings back in 81 or 82.  It takes time. The leafs aren’t anywhere near as stacked as that team was, and need to improve their blueline.

6 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Gustafsson was up over 10 minutes in Game 7. It seems that he is slowly gaining Ducharme's confidence.

Even if Staal was playing better in Game 7, I would still rather have Lehkonen in the lineup.

And Romanov? What is going on there, why is Ducharme refusing to play him? Only inexperience, or is there something more?

I don’t get keeping him out. Evans, KK and Caufield were huge. As good as Price was, we don’t win if those guys were benched.

4 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

If you trade Marner, watch Mathews production drop dramatically. They are too good together. They are still young. Does Tavares have an NTC?

The tough thing about M&M is that Dubas gave them the money and didn’t get the term. Can he resign them in what 2 or 3 years? can he even afford to?  Does Matthews stay long term?

Was Gally's shot brilliant? I 've been thinking about what looked to me to be a shot that my sister could have stopped. Never mind about clocks and her face. But was that a perfectly aimed shot that requires a goalie to get out of his well balanced stance and more awkwardly shut the five hole? A bad judgment call on where it was going to hit? A very soft goal, but perhaps a brilliant target selection? 

Marner had 4 points in 7 games and has 25 points in 35 playoff games.

Someone like Tatar has 12 points in 40 playoff games. There is a huge difference between those players in the playoffs.

With that being said, I don’t think Marner will be “fine”. This is who he is in the playoffs and Marner is a pass first guy, rather than a scorer.

He is generally a player I will not fear in the playoffs. I will fear Matthews or Nylander if they are on his line but not him. 

In that respect, he is similar to Tatar but his production is still much better.

As for the Gallagher goal, Matthews has scored the exact same way on Price (through his 5 hole). It’s something I’ve noticed more now than I was growing up, but all the goalie needs is to have their stick on the ice, and it is indeed a goal your grandmother could stop. This used to be engrained in goalie training, and now I see it all the time where even a professional

goalie doesn’t have their stick on the ice protecting their 5 hole. It’s possible that it was a brilliant shot, and in Matthews’ case I think it was. With Gallagher’s however, I don’t think he’s ever scored that way at the professional level, and 99.9% that shot from him is saved and covered, or redirected into the corner/stands.