Round 2, Game 1 Habs vs Jets 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

18 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

You described exactly what they like in him with that paragraph.  When the puck goes to the point, the movement often stops.  Petry, in particular, slows it down, then looks to shoot or fakes before going back and forth with someone and everything stagnates.  I think Gustafsson had three touches on the PPG sequence and the puck wasn't on his stick for more than a half second combined.  Get it, move it, and let the movement create the opening as the defenders mess up.  Gustafsson does that element quite well.  The defensive zone is another animal but that's the different dimension he brings to the power play and it's one they really lack.

He is able to do that offensively because it is quite clear that he is thinking at least 1 if not 2 steps ahead of the play.  He knows what he would do with the puck at any moment, long before he has it.  There was no hesitation on his part of what he was going to with the puck once he got it back.  I knew when he passed it to Caulfield the 2nd on the left side that if he got it back he was passing it to Suzuki on the right side.  

The Habs have no equivalent for Gustafsson so they need him and that will be even more true in this series.  Its unarguable that Hellebyuck is a lot better than Campbell.  They will need a dman who can a) shoot the puck on net, b) get the puck off the ice around waist height.  

In the Leafs series, think of how many great shooting chances the Habs dman had - yet none scored.  Edmundson probably had about 5 killer scoring chances and missed the net almost every time.  Gustafsson would have got shots on net and probably would have scored on all of Edmundson's chances.  

8 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Alright, round 2, here we go.

sarah walker - chuck espion malgré lui

Go Habs Go,  fifteen in a row !

Oh my......

I feel as though I keep getting happier and happier in regards to the victory over the Leafs, but I won’t revive the Leafs series discussion thread because we need to let them fade into the abyss.

GHG!

:gohabsgo:

Quick 1-0 lead

KK 🚨

Wow, Petry to kk!!  

Damn, at 1st I thought Petry got it, and it almost might have been better if he had.  Don't get me wrong, its certainly great to see kk go on a tear, but Petry needs to break out of his slump. 

Keep Perry

Habs already have 3 Dman points. Only 1 in whole series vs Leafs. 

This is not the same team from game 4 vs the Maples. 

wow have they gotten a shot of confidence! I’m loving it. 

• Upvote 1