Round 2, Game 1 Habs vs Jets 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

Just now, revvvrob said:

Terrible penalty call - KK’s hands weren’t elevated

no one wants a series where that is the standard for what a penalty is!

No kidding. Not impressed with the reffing so far

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

That's the thing about him.  Gustofsson is guaranteed to cause scoring chances for the other team.  However, he will create more scoring chances for the Habs.  So far in the playoffs, he has created a lot more for than against.  He does have 2 assists - and 1 won the series.  Its unfortunate that he has caused 1 scoring chance against and they scored on it.  Price is supposed to save 3 Gustofsson breakways for every 1 he lets in.  If they keep playing him, Price will save the next 3.  😇

Like Mike Reilly you mean?

8 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

I need the NBC announcer (Alex Faust??) to pronounce Canadiens properly. 

How the heck do you become an NHL play by play guy and CONTINUE to offend a fan base by consistently screwing that up! 

to compare - we were pronouncing Romanov improperly - Romanov corrects us, so everyone makes the effort to pronounce his name properly 

Why not the same respect for Canadiens!?!?

Ya I find it irritating too. But not nearly as annoying as sportsnet everyone

Just now, sbhatt said:

They damn well better be calling any hits with arms even remotely elevated when the Jets do it too.

They already missed a forearm by Stanley on Perry just before the Staal goal. If they let that go then I have no idea what the ref saw this time.

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

They already missed a forearm by Stanley on Perry just before the Staal goal. If they let that go then I have no idea what the ref saw this time.

I couldn't believe the arm never went up on that. Brutal clothesline. Was a goal anyway but...

3 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I couldn't believe the arm never went up on that. Brutal clothesline. Was a goal anyway but...

I agree that should have been a penalty, but like said they scored anyway.  It didnt look like they would have called it if they hadnt scored.  

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Is Anderson playing ?

don’t remember seeing him 

Hmm, greats a point.  Until you said that I hadn't realized that I havent noticed him yet this game.  That's highly unusual because he's always noticeable.  

haha, I just saw him as I was typing this, so apparently he is in the game.

Just now, Trizzak said:

Might want to stop going glove side on Hellebuyck, I dunno, just a thought...

Armia? Yeah, mitigating factor was that there was somebody trying to fit a stick up his butt while he was shooting.

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hmm, greats a point.  Until you said that I hadn't realized that I havent noticed him yet this game.  That's highly unusual because he's always noticeable.  

haha, I just saw him as I was typing this, so apparently he is in the game.

Spinorama just before the end of the second 

Send me a postcard from WPG Josh! Seems you are enjoying a break