Round 2, Game 1 Habs vs Jets 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm hoping he isnt injured that bad. It doesn't look good but I think it might look worse than what it is.  i.e. Evans was turning when he was hit, so he spins right around on impact.  I think that might have softened the blow for him.  He was knocked rightout and is likely concussed, but his jaw and neck etc are hopefully alright.   

He landed head first into the ice. 

His neck twisted under the weight of his body. 

Looking at it more there is no way the NHL does not suspend him. Principal point of contact is the head, player was in a vulnerable position and the player made no play on the puck. 

Praying that Evans is okay 

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm hoping he isnt injured that bad. It doesn't look good but I think it might look worse than what it is.  i.e. Evans was turning when he was hit, so he spins right around on impact.  I think that might have softened the blow for him.  He was knocked rightout and is likely concussed, but his jaw and neck etc are hopefully alright.   

Concussion protocol

he has an history

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

That's a serious concussion. One week is optimistic.

4 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

He landed head first into the ice. 

His neck twisted under the weight of his body. 

I've only seen it twice so I could be wrong, but I'm certainly hoping I'm right.  

6 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Man, I don't know if he ever plays again. That's at minimum has third significant concussion in three years and the second one where he has been knocked out cold and hospitalized.

Have to respect how Evans took that hit to make the play.

4 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Man, I don't know if he ever plays again. That's at minimum has third significant concussion in three years and the second one where he has been knocked out cold and hospitalized.

I'm pretty concerned.  Absolutely no concern for his wellbeing. That was on of the most viscous, inhumane things I've ever seen.

Just now, Helmethead said:

Question..

Did anyone catch the Scheifele cross check to Chiarot’s head as he was down on the ice a couple of minutes before the Evans hit??

I did.

13 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

While you're right in that it's optimistic, look back to Tavares.  His eyes were almost rolling in the back of his head and he took the game day skate on Monday not even two weeks after the hit.  It could be that the stretcher was more precautionary than anything.  (It also could be the sign of another serious concussion.)

2 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Question..

Did anyone catch the Scheifele cross check to Chiarot’s head as he was down on the ice a couple of minutes before the Evans hit??

He played dirty for much of the game. I do hope the league reviews the entire game before making the decision.

4 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Question..

It didn't look quite as bad in the replay as it did live, but I definitely noticed him taking a swipe at him. At first glance I thought he had bounced his head off the ice.

3 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Paul Maurice trying to justify the hit.. coward.

Say it like it is.. crossed the line 

He's not going to call out his best player publicly and ask the league to suspend him.  He can have that discussion behind the scenes but not at a press conference.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

He played dirty for much of the game. I do hope the league reviews the entire game before making the decision.

He was pushing the envelope all game long. 

You can clearly see that he’s stops skating hard when he notices he has no chance to get to the puck with his stick. That’s when he decides to absolutely annihilate Evans. 

Disgusting and vile. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

While you're right in that it's optimistic, look back to Tavares.  His eyes were almost rolling in the back of his head and he took the game day skate on Monday not even two weeks after the hit.  It could be that the stretcher was more precautionary than anything.  (It also could be the sign of another serious concussion.)

Evans is certainly injured but they were definitely being precautionary in that sense.  Any time there could be a neck injury they are taken off on a stretcher.  

After watching it numerous times, it actually sorta reminds of the Zednik incident.  i.e. it was sorta like a closeline, but done with an elbow.   In both hits their feet kept moving forward which sorta lifted them off the ice in a similar sort of way. 

Only Evans lower body was in the motion of turning so when his upper body is prevented from following his feet he gets spun around.