Round 2, Game 1 Habs vs Jets 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

42 minutes ago, Pino10 said:

Prayers for a fine young man. On his 25th birthday no less. 

May the good Lord grant him a full and robust recovery. 

That was a criminally negligent reckless disregard for life. He should be out for the season and then some. 

Just now, Toronthab said:

If he's not given a very significant suspension then we should charge the NHL with criminal negligence. 

Lets make sure to contact the NHL. 

50 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Run over Helleybuk

Thats a terrible idea.  The Habs would be gifting the Jets PP's if they do stupid retaliation penalties.  

5 minutes ago, brobin said:

See the comment from edmunson…. Dirty hit but the league wIll take care of it..l if schefile makes it back into the series we will make his life miserable..

Awesome, the Habs know what must be done.  They will keep setting up Weber until he manages to break Scheifele's ankle with a  slapshot.  

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Awesome, the Habs know what must be done.  They will keep setting up Weber until he manages to break Scheifele's ankle with a  slapshot.

Webs intentionally launching the bomb into Scheifele's crotch would be a nice start to the street justice...progress from there if he isn't neutered.

48 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I hope Lehkonen or Tatar or whoever comes in for him goes on a tear and destroys the Jets.

I hate the Leafs and Bruins, but after that classless display from one of their stars I now hate the Jets too.

When I thought we’d lose to the Leafs. I thought I’d root for the jets. I hate these bastards now!!!😠😠😠

just playoffs alone, we have Zednick knocked out. Cheap shot.  Koivu knocked. Careless stick - cheap shot. Price knocked out.  Now Evans.

going further back, I remember a promising Mommesso in the 86’playoffs - I think???  Was never the same again.

6 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Exactly. It’s not even a penalty.

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

He has played really well with the Danault line too. I'm supposed to be pumped after a win, but instead I feel sick 

Tatar’s no slouch, despite his putrid play during the playoffs in general.

Don’t look now.... But Eric Staal is leading the Habs in playoff points. 

1 minute ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

They held our defense to only 6 points tonight I heard. 

1 minute ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

How about that, tied with Toffoli (who most would probably agree has been quiet in the playoffs).

4 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

It sucks I thought Evans was just finding his game the last few games.. He was looking like the Evans from the first 10 games of the season.

He was one of our best forwards down the stretch.  Rounding into a great two way player.  I thought he had Danault-like potential as a shutdown forward.

I don't know if I've ever seen a worse example of a player going full speed and connecting entirely with the head of a defenseless player.

1 hour ago, Habsfan said:

I know. I've got a bad feeling he's gonna get a single game and that's it!

It is the playoffs after all.

1 game suspension in playoffs = 5 reg season game suspension...or some such argument, right.

That was quite a depressing end to a game. Looked horrible when he was wasnt moving at all. I still havent looked at any replay and obviously just hope is not more significant than a concussion.

We had so much to be really happy with tonight with this gelling team and much more cohesive and connected play. And they're playing their hearts out. And then the criminal assault on young Evans as he scores. 

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

How about that, tied with Toffoli (who most would probably agree has been quiet in the playoffs).

Scoring by committee. It’s how it’s supposed to work!

Jet d-man trying to take Perry's head off when Staal scored, instantly reminded me of Hextall trying to do same to Chelios. Bit different but for some reason popped in my head when saw replay.