Round 2, Game 1 Habs vs Jets 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

3 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Don’t look now.... But Eric Staal is leading the Habs in playoff points. 

Thats awesome.  In the Fire Bergevin thread I was going to point out that Staal had assists in Game 7 vs the Leafs.  2 of his 3 deadline pickups won that game and consequently the series.   

2 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

We had so much to be really happy with tonight with this gelling team and much more cohesive and connected play. And they're playing their hearts out. And then the criminal assault on young Evans as he scores. 

Hunter got what 20 a late hit to Turgeon after he scored. This wasn’t as late, but it was much worse.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DON said:

Jet d-man trying to take Perry's head off when Staal scored, instantly reminded me of Hextall trying to do same to Chelios. Bit different but for some reason popped in my head when saw replay.

This is much closer to the Hunter hit against Turgeon.

that puke mad me loose my sleep, can't rest and relax tonight... :1vomit:

Hope Evans is being taken care off and is having as good a night as possible

Switching to positives, Caufield made a few slick plays in his own end to clear the zone and launch the rush.  Great hockey smarts to go with his high skill level.  In the offensive zone he's being deferential as the new guy, but when he gets more established and starts hunting the net the goals are going to pile up.  Shoot it every time, Cole!

'

• Like 1

Terrible hit. Hope Evans comes back quickly. Really spoiled a great night for the Sainte Flanelle.

My take on this is a little different though. Scheifele - if he’s that volatile - is now a liability to Winnipeg. Never mind the pressure of being in a very bright spotlight when he returns.

If he comes back, we should be goading that guy constantly. I mean Gallagher in his face all the time.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

that puke mad me loose my sleep, can't rest and relax tonight... :1vomit:

Hope Evans is being taken care off and is having as good a night as possible

Same here. A call to justice. 

1 minute ago, Neech said:

Evans apparently not even spending the night in hospital and is back at the hotel?!

That would be WONDERFUL .. Please Lord. 

Best revenge would be to eliminate the Jets in 4

very unlikely, but this Habs team has given us one surprise after another

7 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Terrible hit. Hope Evans comes back quickly. Really spoiled a great night for the Sainte Flanelle.

My take on this is a little different though. Scheifele - if he’s that volatile - is now a liability to Winnipeg. Never mind the pressure of being in a very bright spotlight when he returns.

If he comes back, we should be goading that guy constantly. I mean Gallagher in his face all the time.

One of the things that lead up to the hit was they were already in Schiefele’s head.  You can tell by the penalty he took against Chiarot.  If he returns this series, which I would guess would be game 4, he’s a marked  man.

I can’t remember the last time I saw Weber that mad.  Which may be a good sign or a bad one.  I would imagine a penalty filled game 2.  The league is going to try to calm this down.

15 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Damn.  The Jets are (or were, not sure yet)  my 2nd favorite team in the NHL.  :(

Same here. I still like the team, but will wait and see what they do about Scheifele.

12 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

One of the things that lead up to the hit was they were already in Schiefele’s head.  You can tell by the penalty he took against Chiarot.  If he returns this series, which I would guess would be game 4, he’s a marked  man.

I can’t remember the last time I saw Weber that mad.  Which may be a good sign or a bad one.  I would imagine a penalty filled game 2.  The league is going to try to calm this down.

A suspension is the only way to calm it down.

I genuinely expect(ed) at least 3 games.

As for liking the Jets, screw‘em and Scheifele is forever a narcissistic psychopath in my mind. Okay, not that severe, but even Jets fans are calling him “selfish”.