Round 2, Game 2 Habs vs Jets 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

Might be the biggest game of the series - Habs will take a 2-0 lead heading home or the Jets will learn they can win without their best forward.

Can’t wait for puck drop, this game has Josh Anderson written all over it!

23 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Might be the biggest game of the series - Habs will take a 2-0 lead heading home or the Jets will learn they can win without their best forward.

Can’t wait for puck drop, this game has Josh Anderson written all over it!

To be fair, the next game is always the BIGGEST ;)

I think it will be a nail bitter, low-scoring, high-intensity game 

special teams will win it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Keep it rollin' baby !!!

sarah walker - chuck espion malgré lui

Go Habs Go, fifteen in a row !

God, that's a sexy girl. Whew! Where am I ? Who is this? What hockey game??? 

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Yvonne is on a four-game winning streak -- that's better than any of us have managed this year!

:gohabsgo:

Perhaps because when we see Yvonne.. we stop caring about hockey!

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

And for good measure, here is another hockey legend that is a regular hockey analyst on TSN690 these days 

image.jpeg

For better measure.... I'll take Yvonne. 

Sure hope it rightly costs Winnipeg .. a team I half liked just for playing out of Winnipeg.. their season. And may Jake enjoy a full and robust recovery and come back to play with us at this GAME. 

2 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

For better measure.... I'll take Yvonne. 

I don’t think anyone even would even consider choosing the “hockey legend” over Yvonne.  I think I’ll watch an episode of Chuck before the game - just for good luck😁

• Like 1

Habs had 4 power plays in the third period Wednesday night but Gustafsson didn't se the ice after 12:29 in the second period ... if he isn't going to be used on the PP (which makes sense after he set up Lowrey's SHG) ... hopefully Kulak steps in for him tonight ... but I doubt it

EDIT: (with an edit to the edit)

They must really not like Kulak Merrill or Romanov

8 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Have to say that we’ve already surpassed my expectations. Anything here on in is tasty gravy.

Savour it! Doesn’t happen every year.

Nah! Not for me.

This may turn out to be 1993-like cup run

14 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Have to say that we’ve already surpassed my expectations. Anything here on in is tasty gravy.

Savour it! Doesn’t happen every year.

I said since the start if the Habs can eliminate Toronto, the Jets could sweep them and I would be happy. 

I really hope the coaching staff was telling Romanov to play a certain way all season and that if he didn’t improve, he would be benched in the playoffs. 

I don’t mind the staff icing what they feel is their strongest lineup - that’s their job - but if Romanov was told nothing (significant) about his play all season and then to never touch the ice in the post season …. I don’t know how he wouldn’t be ticked right now. 

The Philadelphia Experiment continues!!

I can't help but find this so incredibly funny because everybody that is against Gustafsson and bashing him, you are all correct.  However, the majority of you that dont want to see him play are not considering what he brings.  i.e. he is bad defensively but he does have PP skills that nobody else on the Habs have.  Gustofsson fills an offensive need and his PP skills will likely be needed more in this series than any other round because  Hellebuyck is a really good goalie.     

Gustafsson caused a terrible goal, but the Habs were leading by 2 and dominating the game at the time.  That SHG didnt give the Jets any momentum.  Gustafsson has won a 1 game that won a series but he has yet to cost the Habs a game.  The strange reality is that the Habs are 4-4 in games he plays in, and after tonight I imagine they will be 5-5.  For whatever crazy reason he's a good luck charm, like a lucky rabbits foot.  

If you don't like seeing Gustafsson play, then you wont like the next 2-3 years because I'm thinking its likely that MB resigns him.