Round 2, Game 2 Habs vs Jets 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

Very boring game so far.  I’m not saying that as a bad thing, I just expected more emotion.  Might it be the schedule is catching up to the Habs?  This really is their game to lose.

I get thaT Danault played great shutting down the leafs top line, but without a real strong line to go against, he can’t seem to play an offensive game. The whole line comes off like a shutdown 3rd line.., is that really where we want gally?

5 minutes ago, brobin said:

I get thaT Danault played great shutting down the leafs top line, but without a real strong line to go against, he can’t seem to play an offensive game. The whole line comes off like a shutdown 3rd line.., is that really where we want gally?

Considering Gallagher himself has largely been ineffective offensively in the playoffs (I'm guessing that wrist isn't 100%), that's not necessarily the worst spot for him.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Considering Gallagher himself has largely been ineffective offensively in the playoffs (I'm guessing that wrist isn't 100%), that's not necessarily the worst spot for him.

He would be more effective if he didn’t throw the puck at the net from the goal line constantly and instead parked himself in his usual spot.  A lingering injury may explain it.

I can't believe you guys are complaining about Gallagher. He came back to the Playoffs and he hadn't played in 6 weeks. I think it's a little normal for him to have a little rust to get rid of and get back in GAME SHAPE. Yeah, he was having a rough time the first 3-4 games, but since game 5 of the Leafs series, I would say he's doing fine! 

Damnit, Edmundson.  He hit Ehlers pretty good, and that usually isnt a bad thing, but after the Evans hit and his comments.  Plus the Jets were already out hitting the Habs.  They dont really need to be given inspiration to be more physical.  

No offensive pressure and we are losing the race to loose pucks 

I’m worried this will go to OT unless the Habs speed things up a bit. 

31 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He didn't miss a shift and played the final 1:03 of the period.

Robertson and Mommesso were saying that

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

How big has edmundson  been for us. He started slow but took off when they put him with petry. Looks like he has elevated his game in these playoffs. 

I agree, I've always liked him.  I just felt a hit on the Jets best player late in a 1 goal game could be bad.

2 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

I’m worried this will go to OT unless the Habs speed things up a bit. 

Well, the Habs do need 9 more OT wins to tie the record.  

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Well, the Habs do need 9 more OT wins to tie the record. 

Actually, they need 8 to tie the record, 9 to beat it!