Round 2, Game 2 Habs vs Jets 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

Just now, brobin said:

Lol… yeah…I think it was going wide. 

I'm pretty sure it was going to miss because the dman basically saved it with his ankles and the puck should have been closer to his knees for the shot to have the angle to go in.  

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

They changed the rule, you can't use a timeout after an icing any more.

Ah right you are!

they got a break with the slow drop at least.

I dont care if Danault gets a single point in this whole playoff. He is in the right place defensively, All of the time. It's crazy. He checks without checking. He's always standing exactly where he needs to be. 

When’s the last time the Habs won 5 in a row? 2016??

Loving this!!!

Its wicked to see Price get a shutout.  He's been amazing in every game of these playoffs.  

The next game will be huge and I still say they will 4 straight games.  I just didn't expect them to win game 1 and possibly game 2.  

• Like 1

I only got to see the 3rd period but never at any point did I feel they were really on the ropes. 

There’s a level of confidence that’s overtaken them. 

Bodes well for the rest of this series. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

The way they are sheltering him, they have no faith in gustafsson either and will be looking for someone else in the off-season.  I'm really surprised he's even back in tonight. 

From the Athletic:

"Dominic Ducharme says he liked what Erik Gustafsson did in the previous few games he played. Acknowledged he had a tough night in Game 1 but expects to see him bounce back."

• Upvote 1

Great to be up 2-0 and shutting out the jets. Best revenge for the hit is winning a and how great would it be to sweep the jets and have Scheifele start next year suspended!  Just need to make sure we have the killer instinct going home!  

insaid at the start of this season this would be the best chance to get to the final 4, with the new divisional format. I didn’t think it would have been possible with the way we played for half the season. 

What is really  pissing me off is if you go to the tsn/Sportsnet sites, there still is more about the friggin Leafs!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Great to be up 2-0 and shutting out the jets. Best revenge for the hit is winning a and how great would it be to sweep the jets and have Scheifele start next year suspended!  Just need to make sure we have the killer instinct going home!  

insaid at the start of this season this would be the best chance to get to the final 4, with the new divisional format. I didn’t think it would have been possible with the way we played for half the season. 

What is really  pissing me off is if you go to the tsn/Sportsnet sites, there still is more about the friggin Leafs!

NHL Network is actually giving the Habs some love tonight. 

They are starting to believe..

• Like 1

Win for Jake who  sealed our first win with his first goal and suffered a criminal attack. Nice games boys!!

37 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

From the Athletic:

"Dominic Ducharme says he liked what Erik Gustafsson did in the previous few games he played. Acknowledged he had a tough night in Game 1 but expects to see him bounce back."

What he's saying and using him the least even strength minutes on the team don't seem to line up.  I take his actions as bigger than his words.  He has little faith in him defensively.  He just has less faith in Romanov.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

What he's saying and using him the least even strength minutes on the team don't seem to line up.  I take his actions as bigger than his words.  He has little faith in him defensively.  He just has less faith in Romanov.

That may be so. We'll find out once Merrill is ready to play.

57 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

My guess is that the click count is higher for them still. 

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Who was calling for the Ha s not to protect Price or to trade him for prospects ?

Habs looking dominant 

ME! 

Lucky Im not the GM.

But he is appearently playoff clutch goalie. 😁

I read people wanted Roy traded before the 93 playoffs also. 

I will not ask for Price to be traded againt.

8 hours ago, tomh009 said:

From the Athletic:

Gustofsson does good stuff in the neutral zone and offensive zone but a scary adventure in the Dzone. 

Still, it’s stuff like this from Ducharme that makes me wonder about his thought process. 

7 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

ME! 

Lucky Im not the GM.

But he is appearently playoff clutch goalie. 😁

I read people wanted Roy traded before the 93 playoffs also. 

I will not ask for Price to be traded againt.

Without Allen, Price would not have had time to rest and heal

he was not great during the season, but he was not useless

next season, I expect him to revert back to that level. It seems like the older Price saves himself for the big games 

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

Totally agree ... and it causes me great concern about Romanov 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Having missed both of these games due to work, I am terrified to watch Game 3.

You have to watch @The Chicoutimi Cucumber 

no need to be overly superstition 

this team is for real , worth watching