Round 2, Game 3 Jets vs Habs 6:00PM ET

JoeLassister

With our aging vet line of playoff performers , next generation skilled guys, key players back from injury , a solid D ..... and Price... and all playing like a team..... I'm thinking some crow sandwich might be tasty about now.

If the Danault line could pick up more offence we would be winning these games with ease… seems like every time they enter the offensive zone the puck is right back out…

Armia, Staal, and Perry are playing inspired hockey… 

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Gustafsson with 5:21 in the first period.  Will he see that much time the rest of the game?  (Kulak is only at 2:36.)

Thx!!  Thats interesting.   I was wondering that because I noticed he had numerous shifts and it seemed way more than normal.  

In the playoffs its always your hot goaltending and your veteran leaders that come up back and add the depth.

For the first time in a long time we have a strong 4th line that can grind it out and create scoring chances. 

Who ever came up with the idea of putting Armia / Staal  / Perry together has changed our playoff scoring chances. Big reason we have won 5 in a row. Great coaching move. 

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Gustafsson with 5:21 in the first period.  Will he see that much time the rest of the game?  (Kulak is only at 2:36.)

Shockingly, he was the only Hab in the first period with not a single scoring chance against him. And he and Kulak did not even give up a shot.

52 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

The corporate virtue signaling is getting nausea inducing. Victims of abortion next game? 

Given that Price is aboriginal, I do not share your feeling

either Canada comes clean on the genocide or the pressure continues

57 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

The corporate virtue signaling is getting nausea inducing. Victims of abortion next game? 

I usually laugh at your posts, but not this one.... Our country committed a genocide and we are just now learning the depths of it.  While you or I may not have been directly involved we have to recognize it happened and ensure it never happens again.

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Thx!!  Thats interesting.   I was wondering that because I noticed he had numerous shifts and it seemed way more than normal.  

Dom answered on the pregame media scrum that managing Kulak’s and Gustafson’s time was important so that they are not played on critical situation “cold”

I expect a more even play time for the D this game, specially with the back to back

Playing great after two and the start of the 2nd.

Habs looking great, but Jets are getting more quality shots than previous shots 

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

In the playoffs its always your hot goaltending and your veteran leaders that come up back and add the depth.

For the first time in a long time we have a strong 4th line that can grind it out and create scoring chances. 

Who ever came up with the idea of putting Armia / Staal  / Perry together has changed our playoff scoring chances. Big reason we have won 5 in a row. Great coaching move. 

I dont know why people say that.  I think the Habs generally have a good 4th line, and its typically the 1st or 2nd line that often lets them down.  

The interesting thing is that Armia / Staal  / Perry they are all almost the same height. 6'3+.   Ironically, I've liked taller guys since the Habs lost to the Cannes due to Eric Staal.  In that series he seemed to have a crazy long reach advantage and he was easily to get lose pucks etc.  His height seemed to be a big factor in that and it made a huge difference.  

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I dont know why people say that.  I think the Habs generally have a good 4th line, and its typically the 1st or 2nd line that often lets them down.  

The interesting thing is that Armia / Staal  / Perry they are all almost the same height. 6'3+.   Ironically, I've liked taller guys since the Habs lost to the Cannes due to Eric Staal.  In that series he seemed to have a crazy long reach advantage and he was easily to get lose pucks etc.  His height seemed to be a big factor in that and it made a huge difference.  

Good point, they are really good with poke checks too, generating turn overs

Is the crowd chanting “Heeeee-llebuck” ?

Price covering his angles , Jets hitting posts 

Lets Go Habbies, 

GOOOOOOAL LEHKONEN!!!!

Suzuki in monster mode on that shift, line almost scores

seems like we will be seeing desperate hockey from the Jets

Time for Caufield to have his magical moments and to put them away :)

I am Cali g it because he has been creating lots of scoring chances this game . I think he is due