Round 2, Game 3 Jets vs Habs 6:00PM ET

JoeLassister

A lot less ice time for Gustafsson in the period and Kulak largely closed the gap.  He's at 7:53, Gustafsson 8:15 now.  With it being a back-to-back and a two-goal lead, hopefully they get a few shifts each in the third before cutting down to four for the final few minutes.

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Its funny because height doesn't seem like it would make a big difference.  However,  I'm pretty sure its more significant than most people think.  ex:  guys that are 6'4"+ are at least 4" taller than average (6'0"), they have longer reach and sticks that it makes a difference.  That's especially true when they're up against guys that are under 6'-0".  I'd even say guys that are 6'3" have an advantage too, but its more so against players under 6'-0".

I was called on when proposing trades for bigger players

not saying height is an assurance of success (McCarron anyone) but for equal talent the bigger player has an edge 

7 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Ah. Pass follow through or missed call?

Byron went into Ehlers with his hands high after Ehlers released a shot, so his hands/stick were high, too. Good no call in my opinion, given the way Byron was coming in.

Ducharme gets the coaching job. Then the team gets covid restricted followed by a crazy schedule with no time to practice. It's almost a blessing in disguise because how do you prepare for a system you've never seen?

9 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I was called on when proposing trades for bigger players

not saying height is an assurance of success (McCarron anyone) but for equal talent the bigger player has an edge 

Ya, height isnt everything, the player needs to have skill too. 

I also think its partially due to their sticks because they're graphite and flex.  i.e. taller players have longer sticks and I believe the physics on that they would get more flex.  They would take better shots than if they were shorter.  ex:  if Malkin was 6'2" vs 6'5" his shot wouldn't be as good.  

Another benefit taller guys have would be strides and energy exerted to traverse a set distance.  ex to go from blue line to blueline smaller guys would need to move their legs more.  

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

He got his hand caught in that little cutout on the glass for cameras

OMG, you gotta be kidding me?  That's a ridiculously stupid way to lose a dman.  I hope his wrist is ok.