Round 2, Game 3 Jets vs Habs 6:00PM ET

JoeLassister

20 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Now to spend the next 23 hours hoping it is just a pinky for Petty and that he'll be fine taping it up to the ring finger.

It is the little finger. Let's hope the tape will do it.

10 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Teams that sweep have a bad record in the next round. 

Overconfidence could explain it. The mere fact of winning in four straight should have no impact on the next series, other than a few extra days of rest.

Convincing win tonight by the Habs. The Jets were out of it!!  Let's hope Petry can play tomorrow!

13 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Oh. OK. I thought you meant about losing this round. Ya that could be q thing

I thought the same thing too and wasn't sure what he was talking about.  Theres no way the Habs are losing this series.  

2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Overconfidence could explain it. The mere fact of winning in four straight should have no impact on the next series, other than a few extra days of rest.

I think its often due to the amount of time they have off.  If a team has too much time off they could get rusty, and it also stops momentum   ex:  1 series starts a day before and sweeps and the other series starts a day later and goes to 7 games.  

8 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I think its often due to the amount of time they have off.  If a team has too much time off they could get rusty, and it also stops momentum   ex:  1 series starts a day before and sweeps and the other series starts a day later and goes to 7 games.  

Kind of like how this series started.  Winnipeg was off for a while and the Habs jumped on them with three goals in the first period of Game 1.

Looking at the ice time, Weber was almost at 26 minutes again, buoyed in part at least by Petry not playing in the third.  Gustafsson got to a little over 13, Kulak a bit over 14.  That's pretty good.  Lots of balance up front - Byron was the low at 12:26, Danault the high at 17:22 (no one else was above 16:13).  Back-to-backs are always challenging but the forwards shouldn't be too tired at least.

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Kind of like how this series started.  Winnipeg was off for a while and the Habs jumped on them with three goals in the first period of Game 1.

Exactly, and its not like the Jets were tired or had players banged up that could some time off.  They just sat around and got stagnant. 

The Habs are banged up and sore, and have been playing 4 dmen for crazy amounts of ice time.  Therefore, the Habs could use the rest.  If the Habs sweep it will be good for them.  

The Jets are the example of how and when to not sweep a series, but the Habs will be getting it right if they do.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Hey Heyyyhey

Gooo-oodbye

I miss this being the regular serenading song fir the fans! Prefer this to the Ole Ole soccer song.

Hey Heyyyhey

Gooo-oodbye

My memory is that the chant was for when the Habs eliminated teams ... which back in the day meant 4 times every spring ... sweetest after eliminating the BBs ... but then my memory isn't hear it used to be

This has got to be the best game we played all year, or even in the last few years.  all the lines contributed. 

The Finns were awesome - both extremely aggressive on the forecheck, and I can’t remember the last time I say Lekhonan shoot so much. I really want both back next year!  Perry was awesome.

too bad Price lost the shut out. But only downside was losing Petry.

Hopefully we close it out tomorrow and get Petry the extra time off - didn’t catch if it’s an actual broken finger or bruise.  Let’s not take the pedal of the metal and finish this off tomorrow and hope that vegas and the Avs beat each other up!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

My piping hot take? ...

Play Allen tomorrow.

No, no , no. Get the win tomorrow and than give Price the rest. He’s in their head, don’t give them any lifeline at all. Finish them off and than take the time off!!!

You young bucks, I remember 1993 very well. And one factor that a lot of the victorious Habs talked about was the benefit of getting some rest after sweeping the Sabres in Round Two.

Put these pukes out of their misery next game, heal up, and then go grind the next opponent into powder. THAT is how you win.

A commanding victory by les glorieux; Winnipeg has dealt very poorly with self-inflicted adversity and the habs are completely in their heads. 

I actually thought Price was slightly “off” his A-game tonight; and the loss of Petry is very worrisome. And yet, Kulak is there to take extra minutes if he has to. That’s quality depth IMHO.

• Upvote 1

We have rested D in Romanov who can come in now ...

In theory ... but with the way AR seems to become persona non grate might they go 5 D and 13 forwards ... 98% tongue-in-cheek

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

This has got to be the best game we played all year, or even in the last few years.  all the lines contributed. 

The Finns were awesome - both extremely aggressive on the forecheck, and I can’t remember the last time I say Lekhonan shoot so much. I really want both back next year!  Perry was awesome.

too bad Price lost the shut out. But only downside was losing Petry.

Hopefully we close it out tomorrow and get Petry the extra time off - didn’t catch if it’s an actual broken finger or bruise.  Let’s not take the pedal of the metal and finish this off tomorrow and hope that vegas and the Avs beat each other up!!!

Agreed. Played as a team and went for it time after time. Beautiful!

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

No, no , no. Get the win tomorrow and than give Price the rest. He’s in their head, don’t give them any lifeline at all. Finish them off and than take the time off!!!

Yup.

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

My memory is that the chant was for when the Habs eliminated teams ... which back in the day meant 4 times every spring ... sweetest after eliminating the BBs ... but then my memory isn't hear it used to be

I thought I remember that also in regular season games - but than my memory also isn’t what it used to be😁

7 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

No no, the “na na” chant has long been used to close out games, not just series.

The “les Canadiens sont la” song? Now that is something that only comes out when we win you-know-what.

• Like 1

Just now, Commandant said:

It was used in regular season games. 

In playoffs it was saved for the fourth win of the series. 

Well I want to hear it tomorrow night!!!!!😀