Round 2, Game 4 Jets vs Habs 8:00PM ET

JoeLassister

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Romanov in

Doesn't totally negate the trade possibility ... perhaps Ouellet simply scares them more than the chance of Romanov suffering a serious injury

The only thing about the Romanov trade idea is it doesn’t make sense to not pull the trigger now if that were the case.  Why keep him out when the deal could be done now and the players involved are just not eligible to play until next season.  

Also it puts you down a body for play playoffs.  I honestly think it’s there hasn’t been a good time to put him in. Gustafsson bring offence that Romanov doesn’t, so make the 3rd pair a specialty unit for the PP.  now with Petry out, there’s a 4th slot open on the defense that you have Kulak and Romanov auditioning for.  Romanov needs to be like KK and Caufield and make it so DD can’t take him out of the lineup.

Hoping the NBC Sports app is really going to be showing the whole game. They'd didn't for the 1st game in round 1 when they started in NHL Network and we're joined in progress in USA. I get not being able to break their contract with WWE to show hockey instead of Raw in USA, but they couldn't pull Shark Tank reruns off CNBC tonight? :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Hoping the NBC Sports app is really going to be showing the whole game. They'd didn't for the 1st game in round 1 when they started in NHL Network and we're joined in progress in USA. I get not being able to break their contract with WWE to show hockey instead of Raw in USA, but they couldn't pull Shark Tank reruns off CNBC tonight? :rolleyes:

Are you in the US and unable to watch it?

7 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

The only thing about the Romanov trade idea is it doesn’t make sense to not pull the trigger now if that were the case.  Why keep him out when the deal could be done now and the players involved are just not eligible to play until next season.  

Also it puts you down a body for play playoffs.  I honestly think it’s there hasn’t been a good time to put him in. Gustafsson bring offence that Romanov doesn’t, so make the 3rd pair a specialty unit for the PP.  now with Petry out, there’s a 4th slot open on the defense that you have Kulak and Romanov auditioning for.  Romanov needs to be like KK and Caufield and make it so DD can’t take him out of the lineup.

Most teams don't make a trade while still alive in the playoffs. Its a distraction. 

Gally will get the 1st goal, because he'll shoot for Hellebuycks huge 5 hole.

I imagine Staal will get the series wining goal in this game.  After all, Staal loves to score game series winning goals.    Oh my bad.  That will be forever too soon.  

Go Habs Go!!  

10 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

it’s on nhl network but you should be able to get it on the app

15 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Are you in the US and unable to watch it?

I didn't think I was, but about 5 seconds before the opening faceoff the feed came in. No announcers or graphics to start, but by the time I got the TSN 690 feed almost synced it came on.

6 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

it’s on nhl network but you should be able to get it on the app

Yeah, thankfully they actually put this one on the NBC Sports app. They did not against the Leafs. I have no access to NHL Network. Had to do a free trial of FuboTV last round for games 1 and 3.

Just now, brobin said:

That was a pretty shot…faked the defender then perfect shot on net…

I know it’s irrational but I like me some offensive defencemen. I haven’t found him to be a bad addition at all.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

WHOOOP THERE IT IS

Gustafsson makes a significant difference on the PP

Is Ducharme actually capable of making a silk purse out of a sow's ear? 😁

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I can’t believe it! Bergevin has built a cup winner

Well we have some much better teams coming up… I will wait and see how they do against Vegas or the Avs… 

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

WHOOOP THERE IT IS

Gustafsson makes a significant difference on the PP

He certainly does, but thats because the Habs have a huge lack of those skills.    I'm thinking Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov and even kk will learn some of those skills having Gustafsson around.