Round 2, Game 4 Jets vs Habs 8:00PM ET

JoeLassister

This is great an all, but part of me wishes the Jets had scored 1st and then the Habs got 2 quick 1's would be better.  I don't like the idea of having to score 1st to win nonsense.   My concern is that teams that seem to do that successfully will lose when they dont score 1st.  

I really liked the puck movement on the power play - how many different plays did they try on that last one?  Point shot, shot from the right, shot from the left, cross-crease, shot-pass.  That's a lot more dangerous than one-timer from the D, one-timer from the D, cycle to set up one-timer from the D.

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

This is great an all, but part of me wishes the Jets had scored 1st and then the Habs got 2 quick 1's would be better.  I don't like the idea of having to score 1st to win nonsense.   My concern is that teams that seem to do that successfully will lose when they dont score 1st.  

I’ve thought of that too, but give me that sort of “problem” any day of the week.

Anyway, the mentality of this team seems different. This is a veteran team and they aren’t screwing around - they will keep ploughing forward even if they do surrender the first goal.

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I want the all time record for time not trailing in the playoffs!

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’ve thought of that too, but give me that sort of “problem” any day of the week.

Anyway, the mentality of this team seems different. This is a veteran team and they aren’t screwing around - they will keep ploughing forward even if they do surrender the first goal.

I definitely agree that they should be able to overcome that, but I'd like to see them do it sooner than later.  It is odd that they havent  had a comeback and won a game yet.  

9 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I want the all time record for time not trailing in the playoffs!

That would be really cool.  I  dont know what the record is, but I heard the last time it went 6 games was 1960 Habs and they wont their 5th straight Cup that year.  

1 minute ago, Neech said:

Is that Carey's first softie of the playoffs?

No.  Both his goals were great shots.  

I dont think Price has really let in any softies yet, but I'd say he worst goal was on the breakaway caused by Gustafsson.  i.e. it was savable, but not every goalie would have saved it either.   The rest of the goals would be goals on almost any other goalie.