Round 2, Game 4 Jets vs Habs 8:00PM ET

JoeLassister

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Well, that was fast.  A well-deserved win and a well-deserved sweep. 

You didnt complete your sentence there:  and now time for some well-deserved rest.  

1 minute ago, Habsfan said:

So If I understand this correctly, if the Vegas/Colorado goes to 7 games, the Habs won't play until next Monday. in other words, 7 days off...which might be a little too long of a break! i'd prefers 4 or 5 days at most!

That's correct.  Colorado/Vegas is Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Habsfan said:

So If I understand this correctly, if the Vegas/Colorado goes to 7 games, the Habs won't play until next Monday. in other words, 7 days off...which might be a little too long of a break! i'd prefers 4 or 5 days at most!

I prefer to think of it as maxiumum healing time for Petry.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Habsfan said:

We are going to third f@!racking round baby!!!

who cares !!!!

Go Habs Go 

:halm:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

I prefer to think of it as maxiumum healing time for Petry.

Good point. I'm sure Weber, Chiarot and Edmondson will appreciate as well!

1 minute ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Broadcaster: "What's going through your mind right now?"

Toffoli: "I just can't wait to be back in the locker room with the boys. You guys are killing the buzz here."

:lol:

Toffoli is just awesome! I heard the first part of his sentence, but not the second one! That is GOLD!!!

So Habs never trailed in a game at any point in this series. The Habs killed off every penalty they took (8) in this series including scoring 3 shorthanded goals themselves. The Habs scored 3 powerplay goals on 13 opportunities for a 23% success rate. The Habs outscored the Jets 14-6.

The Habs dominated that series!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Price is good with rest and petry could use the break too.  As much as we can get IMO... 

THE CANADIENS ARE KINGS OF THE NORTH!!

Had to watch the third in snatches, but this series was complete domination by the Habs from start to finish. Tonight’s score flattered Winnipeg. They were outclassed in every respect.

I don’t want to jinx anything, but I can’t help noting that we won Round One in 6 games and Round Two in a sweep 26 years ago...getting a familiar feeling...

You know I am often a rookie skeptic. But Caufield is the real deal. Whether or not he puts points on the board, he is constantly dangerous in the O-zone. 

UNBELIEVABLE 

• Upvote 2

It's going to be fun watching

Caufeild  / Suzuki  / Toffoil 

For the next 4 years at least.

Also it's nice to see that the team that won its first 7 games at the start of the season is playing in the playoffs. This team score's when it's D push's the play. 

• Upvote 1

I really think the rest will do them good even though it didn't seem to help Winnipeg.  Now I can sit back, have a few cold ones and enjoy watching  Vegas and Colorado beat each other up.

It didn't exactly break my heart that the Bruins lost tonight either.  This beer I am having right now is tasting even better than usual for some reason.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I really think the rest will do them good even though it didn't seem to help Winnipeg.  Now I can sit back, have a few cold ones and enjoy watching  Vegas and Colorado beat each other up.

It didn't exactly break my heart that the Bruins lost tonight either.  This beer I am having right now is tasting even better than usual for some reason.

I’m definitely cheering for the Islanders, but trying to pick the right poison in the other series is no joke. The Semi-Finals (!!) are going to be a gauntlet either way. Count me among those who think that the rest is a very good thing for this veteran squad. We have found our identity now; I think we’ll be tough to play against no matter who the opponent is.

• Upvote 1