Round 2, Game 4 Jets vs Habs 8:00PM ET

JoeLassister

CBC has been highlighting an interesting stat this series.  I think as of that OT, they slipped into second all time in not trailing in games, standing at over 430 minutes since they last trailed in the playoffs.

Wow, I just saw the Gustofsson goal again.  Slightly before that goal the Jets were bringing the puck out of their zone.  Gustafsson was on the far side of the ice at the blue line and backs up.  However, Toffoli was on the blue line near the puck carrier.  At 1st, he backs up a bit, but then steps forward and checks the Jets player.  That kept the play onside and led to Gustofsson scoring.  That was a brilliant move by Toffoli.  

I get the impression that is a Dom thing to do. It's also a thing Edmundson does, and hopefully we see him do it before the Playoffs are over.  

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

We should of traded Tatar at the deadline at got some picks for him. It's going to suck losing him for nothing. I think we easily could of gotten 2 2nd round picks for him. 

We are going to the freaking third round !!!

who cares !!!

Go Habs Go!!!

:halm:

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’m definitely cheering for the Islanders, but trying to pick the right poison in the other series is no joke. The Semi-Finals (!!) are going to be a gauntlet either way. Count me among those who think that the rest is a very good thing for this veteran squad. We have found our identity now; I think we’ll be tough to play against no matter who the opponent is.

Agreed, cheering for the Islanders, I think Barry Trotz is an excellent coach.  I always had trouble watching the Leafs play the Bruins in the playoffs as I had no idea who to cheer for??  

2 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

We should of traded Tatar at the deadline at got some picks for him. It's going to suck losing him for nothing. I think we easily could of gotten 2 2nd round picks for him. 

Tatar was a bonus in that trade.  Suzuki is going to be fun to watch for many years. 

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Way too early to say that.  If the Habs suffer a couple injuries there would be worse players to move in than Tatar. You never know. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Having a player as good as Tatar can be, waiting for his chance, is not a bad thing at this time of year.

3 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Way too early to say that.  If the Habs suffer a couple injuries there would be worse players to move in than Tatar. You never know. 

Not to mention Tatar might have a slight chip on his shoulder about how things went for him in Vegas.

• Like 1

Final 4!! Missed the end of the 2nd and the entire 3rd period becuase of internet issue and than someone came over.  Was worried after the jets tied it and managed to get everything up and running and in time for OT, and had to be a bad host to a non-hockey fan - shouldn’t have been over with the restrictions 😠

Slick pass by Caufield and we finally got a guy like Taffoli who can bury his chances. 
not a perfect game until last night, but the first two PP’s were awesome, and than I think we started to get to cute with the passes and weren’t shooting enough.  

At the end of the say another OT win amd we move on!!  Hopefully we can keep wining without breaking the 93’ teams OT record - I can’t handle the stress anymore!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Tatar was a bonus in that trade.  Suzuki is going to be fun to watch for many years. 

And we still haven’t seen Mattias Norlinder or Jacob Leguerrier who we got from the other pick given by VGK for Patches

it’s the trade that keeps giving :) 

Not sure who’s I’d want to face next. The Avs seem to have issue with their coach, but if they win, it means they got through that adversity. The depth, skill and D on Vegas scare me. I just hope they go 7 games and pound each other hard!

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Not sure who’s I’d want to face next. The Avs seem to have issue with their coach, but if they win, it means they got through that adversity. The depth, skill and D on Vegas scare me. I just hope they go 7 games and pound each other hard!

I am looking forward to that series with either team. 

I think Habs will go back to their fast transition game and march the other team’s speed and depth fairly well.

especially if Petry is back

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I am not sure either. We need some triple overtime games and we need to see Ryan Reaves play a lot more. 

I went to the Leaf chat boards for the heck of it and this was typical. Glad the Habs aren't getting a lot of respect. Some fans are clueless. This Hab team has come together.  Go Habs Go!!!

Colorado and Vegas are two tiers above Montreal and will dictate the style and pace of the series.

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I went to the Leaf chat boards for the heck of it and this was typical. Glad the Habs aren't getting a lot of respect. Some fans are clueless. This Hab team has come together.  Go Habs Go!!!

Colorado and Vegas are two tiers above Montreal and will dictate the style and pace of the series.

I don't know the other teams well enough to make any judgments at all, but we certainly have seen the adoption of a winning strategy thusfar and players blossoming into their best there to entertain us with the world's finest sport. And its Montreal. Thanks to the Ghosts so far and Go Habs Go! We have songs we love to sing. 

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Here is another beauty from the Leaf boards.  Makes it that much sweeter. 

Without Carey Price, the Habs are Buffalo

Hahaha... . Toronto will never know what it is to be Montreal. That is not a Buffalo defense. Our senior citizen line is fully ambulant. Our hot talent kids love playing the game with high skill and spirit and now know they belong. Its Toronto that is across the lake from Buffalo. That said.. We owe Carey for bringing us to this new stage of spirit and team play. I'll leave it to the hockey smarts on this site to speak to the coaching and Bergevin. 

I've put the bus up for sale. Still has the rope on the back. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toronthab said:

I don't know the other teams well enough to make any judgments at all

I dont fully know the other teams either.  For me, its been a bizarre year because of Covid and the new Divisions and no interdivisional play.   Every year I usually watch numerous late games that Western Canadian teams play in. 

However,  I'm usually watching them play Western conference teams.  For the 1st year ever I actually didn't seen a single game with teams that are outside of the Habs Division.   

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

And we still haven’t seen Mattias Norlinder or Jacob Leguerrier who we got from the other pick given by VGK for Patches

it’s the trade that keeps giving :) 

Maxpac is playing great for Vegas as well so I think no real losers in that trade.