Game Thread | Canadiens Vs. Lightning | 12/28/05

Spider-Man NL

img15.gif

canadiens_logo.jpgVS.giflightning_logo.jpg

montreal50.gif17-11-6 : 40 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

tampa50.gif19-15-3 :41 Points (7th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

0198.gif# 60 Jose Theodore (13-7-5), 3.06 GAA montreal50.gif

tampa50.gif# 47 John Grahame (15-12-1), 2.90 GAA1762.gif

Canadiens Roster

Link

Lightning Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Zednik - Bulis - Kovalev

Dagenais - Ribeiro - Ryder

Higgins - Begin - Sundstrom

Perezhogin - Murray - Streit

d.jpg

Souray - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

Jose Theodore

Meetings This Year:

Nov. 8th, 2005:tampa50.gif2 montreal50.gif3

[c]HABSBolts1.jpg[/c]

[c]HABSBolts2.jpg[/c]

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

img46.gifimg31.gif

Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Vandermeer to be called up to fight. At least that would be entertaining.

I would be happy if they actually just played hard for 30 minutes, i don't want to get greedy and ask for 60 minutes of play. I think that's asking too much for this team. Many changes need to be made. Players and coaching. I don't think Sutter, Keenan and Ted Nolan conbined could motivate this team to play hard for 60 minutes. This is getting very emabarrasing.

It seems strange that the infighting going on, is always between guys that are trying. Begin and Kovalev got into an argument the other night and Higgins and Komisarek dropped the gloves in practice. Why isn't Ribeiro or Zednik getting into a heated discussion??? Why aren't they pissed at what's going on????

I think that it's time for a change......First and foremost the return of both Koivu and Bonk will be welcomed and I can't wait for Plekanek to come back, he went out right when he was picking it up and stealing Ribeiro's spot. A trade or two wouldn't hurt to send a message, but EFFORT is the most important change and I'd like to see Claude, give the guys a kick in the pants.

GO HABS GO, Let's see a good EFFORT and the results will come

WE PLAY AS A TEAM

Individual recognition will be gained by getting the job done as a team

WE PLAY HARD FOR THE FULL 60 MINUTES

shift by shift intensity

WE ARE COMMITED TO SHORT HARD SHIFTS

40 seconds all out effort

WE WILL STAY ON THE POSITIVE SIDE OF OUR EMOTIONS

team discipline in avoiding unnecessary penalties

WE WILL OUTWORK OUR OPPONENTS IN SPECIAL TEAM SITUATIONS

maintain or create momentum

WE RECOGNIZE THAT SOLID TEAM DEFENSE WILL HELP US CREATE OFFENSE

tight gaps front and back by working for position

WE MAKE THE PUCK WORK FOR US

authoritative puck movement with strong play at the lines and solid puck strength low in the zone

WE PLAY OUR GAME

establish our tempo and physical pressence early

GO HABS GO

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Like most people, I can accept losing a game when the effort is there. But it seems like on many nights, there's not a 60-minute, 19-player effort put in on the ice. If there's arguments in practice, that can be a good thing. If Higgins and Komisarek wanna drop 'em, that can be a positive as well. It could be just trying to release a little tension that's undoubtedly building up with the dearth of victories. Maybe Chris borrowed some of Mike's shampoo without asking. At least it shows a little emotion, something that's been hard to find in recent games.

Ok if we drop the game today it's 10 road losses in a row and I believe that would be a record low for the franchise. :angry2:

Can't have that so Go Habs Go! for crying out loud -- the opponents are the Stanley Cup Champs, this is the time to play a game that stops the slide and makes a statement. Some Habs players will be paid more money for the 60 minutes tonight than some of their fans earn in an entire year -- I really hope they think about that, and get out there and do their absolute best each and every shift Tabarnak!!!

umm, oh yeah: :hlogo: ! :hlogo: ! :hlogo: !

According to how this team performs which is excellent against the leagues best teams and poor at best against everyone else this game is a toss up because although they are the previous winners of the Holy Grail this year has not gone according to plan for the Bolts. I sure hope that 9 consecutive road losses have more than fulfilled this teams quota for the next couple of months.

Go Habs GO.

Theo 100% yes

Koivu???? Uh oh

Ok if we drop the game today it's 10 road losses in a row and I believe that would be a record low for the franchise. :angry2:

Can't have that so Go Habs Go! for crying out loud -- the opponents are the Stanley Cup Champs, this is the time to play a game that stops the slide and makes a statement. Some Habs players will be paid more money for the 60 minutes tonight than some of their fans earn in an entire year -- I really hope they think about that, and get out there and do their absolute best each and every shift Tabarnak!!!

umm, oh yeah: :hlogo: ! :hlogo: ! :hlogo: !

JLP I agree completely. There is however, the matter of the tea. I'm beginning to lose faith in the tea; please forgive me

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...2d-517757e2cf8d

Boyhood chums Higgins and Komisarek drop gloves during high-energy workout

By PAT HICKEY

Canadiens coach Claude Julien was hoping to see some intensity in practice, but he got more than he expected.

The team's high-energy workout in preparation for tonight's game against the Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning (7:30 p.m., RDS, CJAD Radio-800) was interrupted by a fight between longtime friends Mike Komisarek and Chris Higgins.

The battle provided fodder for some post-practice jokes, but the two were serious as they traded jabs with their sticks before they started throwing punches.

"I guess I started it," Higgins said. "I gave him a little slash and then he cross-checked me and, if I hadn't given him another shot, it would have ended there."

Instead, the boyhood chums from Long Island, N.Y., began swinging, although Higgins said teammates stepped in before either could inflict any damage.

"These things happen in hockey all the time," said Komisarek, who appeared to be embarrassed by the incident. "We were both working hard and things got a bit out of hand."

"We've been friends since peewee," Higgins said. "The guys have been ribbing us since practice ended. Mike stayed at my house on Christmas Eve and guys were ribbing me that I was upset because he didn't make my grandmother's bed or we fought over who was getting the aisle on the flight back to Montreal."

All kidding aside, the lack of intensity during games is a matter for concern, and that's why Julien emphasized skating and breakout drills yesterday. He was upset with a lack of effort in Monday's 4-0 loss in Atlanta.

"We have some injuries and we have no control over those," Julien said. "But we can control other things and there's no excuse for a lack of effort or a lousy work ethic."

"We have to work hard," Higgins said. "It's better to work hard in a game and have an easy practice than to take it easy in a game and then have to go through a tough workout like we had today."

Injuries have played a part in Montreal's slide from No. 2 to No. 8 in the Eastern Conference.

"But there's no excuse for not working hard," Julien said. "It has hurt that we've lost some key players and it's tougher because we're missing three guys (Saku Koivu, Radek Bonk and Tomas Plekanec) at one position."

The Canadiens have a number of players in various stages of recovery, but the only one likely to see action tonight is goaltender Jose Theodore, who has missed four games with a bruised left knee. A final decision will be made this morning, but Theodore seemed ready.

"There's still pain, but my mobility is good," said Theodore, who was sporting an ice pack on the injured joint after practice. "When I go down to block a shot, I can feel it, but I think I'll be ready."

Koivu and Bonk might be ready to join their teammates for this morning's skate, but neither will play. Defenceman Sheldon Souray said he's "hopeful" he'll be in the lineup. He skipped practice yesterday, because he has an infection in his right knee.

Koivu and Bonk are both recovering from groin injuries, and they skated by themselves after yesterday's practice.

"We hope they'll be ready to go sometime on this road trip," said Julien, whose team plays Florida on Friday and Carolina on Saturday.

phickey@thegazette.canwest.com

© The Gazette (Montreal) 2005

194668.jpg

JLP I agree completely. There is however, the matter of the tea. I'm beginning to lose faith in the tea; please forgive me

I do forgive you PMAC, you are entirely right. It was a nice dream but it is over with me and tea for the Habs. I tried and I believed -- I brewed . . .and then I cried.

It just was not to be with the tea. The butterfly effect is after all random -- and so I officially abandon tea as of now, and call on all HW friends to do the same: Renounce Tea!

captain-anti-tea.jpg

(I may have tea, but flavored inconsequential.) It's all up to the boys in the bleu blanc rouge now, the chamomile won't be there for them anymore they will have to do it themselves from now on.

Just don't let them drop TEN FUGGIN' ROAD GAMES IN A ROW tonight or else I may start drinking scotch, and that's not a good idea at 9h00.

http://www.tsn.ca/headlines/main_story.asp?id=148459

Habs look to avoid dubious road mark

(Sports Network) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to avoid a three-game losing streak this evening, as they visit the Tampa Bay Lightning at St. Pete Times Forum.

The Habs have dropped two straight and are just 3-4-2 in December. The poor stretch has dropped Montreal down to fourth in the Northeast Division with 40 points - 13 behind first-place Ottawa.

Montreal emerged from the holiday break on Monday and was handed a 4-0 loss in Atlanta. Michael Garnett made 36 saves to post his second straight shutout and Jaroslav Modry had a goal and two assists to lead the Thrashers.

Cristobal Huet made 34 saves for the Canadiens. No. 1 goaltender Jose Theodore sat out that game with a knee injury and is questionable for tonight's tilt.

Montreal has not won on the road since defeating Buffalo on November 4, a span of nine games, which is one short of the team's 10-game record set in 1926.

Tonight marks the third test of a five-game road trip for the Habs, who are 6-6-4 away from Montreal this season.

The Lightning, meanwhile, halted a four-game losing streak Monday versus Carolina. Dan Boyle scored with 33.6 seconds left in overtime to lead the Lightning to a 5-4 win at the Forum.

Dave Andreychuk scored two goals and Fredrik Modin had a goal and an assist for the Lightning.

Vaclav Prospal assisted on Boyle's game-winner to extend his point streak to five games. He has two goals and four helpers in the run.

John Grahame turned aside 26 shots in the victory.

The Lightning are playing the third installment of a four-game homestand. They are 11-7-1 in Tampa this year.

Montreal won the only meeting of the season between these teams on November 8 at the Bell Centre. That win snapped a two-game series losing streak for the Habs.

theodore_82265.jpg

OK!

Kovalev is pissed.

Begin is pissed.

Komisarek is pissed.

Higgins is pissed.

Julien is pissed.

JeanLuc is pissed.

The Tea is pissed.

HW is pissed.

but most importantly...

I AM PISSED.

WIN THIS DAMN GAME

If Les Boys make Grahame look like a real NHL-calibre goalie I will be pissed as well!

Go Habs go

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: