Round 3, Game 3, Golden Knights @ Canadiens, 8:00PM EST

TurdBurglar

This happened with Colorado earlier in the playoffs.  The second test cleared Bednar and he still coached that night.

Lets hope it.was a false positive for ducharme who was vaccinated June 9th.

Wouldn't have thought I would ever be saying this for a game in Montreal ... but YAY for the 8:00 pm start

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

So Richardson would be coach? 

Bring Bob Gainey

Richardson is who I would have thought but it sounds like Burrows was in charge at the morning skate which suggests he's next up.  It wouldn't shock me if Bouchard was behind the bench if Ducharme is unavailable either just to have someone with recent experience running a bench.  Since he's working with the Black Ace group, he's still subject to COVID protocols which should allow him to be available if needed as well.  (That isn't the case with anyone outside of the organization like Gainey.)  Having said that, Ducharme could very well still be behind the bench.

34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

This happened with Colorado earlier in the playoffs.  The second test cleared Bednar and he still coached that night.

Lets hope it.was a false positive for ducharme who was vaccinated June 9th.

First dose only provides 50-ish per cent immunity -- and it's now only nine days after his vaccination.

Let's hope it's not the case.

55 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Wouldn't have thought I would ever be saying this for a game in Montreal ... but YAY for the 8:00 pm start

5 P.M. here, so still OK but not great, 9(6) pm much better pour moi.

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Richardson is who I would have thought but it sounds like Burrows was in charge at the morning skate which suggests he's next up.  It wouldn't shock me if Bouchard was behind the bench if Ducharme is unavailable either just to have someone with recent experience running a bench.  Since he's working with the Black Ace group, he's still subject to COVID protocols which should allow him to be available if needed as well.  (That isn't the case with anyone outside of the organization like Gainey.)  Having said that, Ducharme could very well still be behind the bench.

I agree ... think Richardson is likely too involved in managing the defence to even be considered.

Even if Ducharme is out from behind the bench tonight, I would imagine he would still be very much apart of the game.  He will be watching the game and will have many lines of communication to the team and coaching staff.

As for Anderson, I’m on the fence with him during these playoffs.  At times you see him flying down the ice, throwing the body on the forecheck and making good things happen.  Then he disappears for the next 25 minutes.  If he were contributing more noticeably offensively it would be different, but he spend a lot of time unnoticeable and isn’t really contributing.

Ducharme will be on every bench tablet via zoom 

Bouchard is a good choice but let’s hope Commandant is correct and it’s a false positive. 

We really need this win and if we tighten up the forwards puck support in our Dzone and Price plays incredible then we can certainly win

11 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Even if Ducharme is out from behind the bench tonight, I would imagine he would still be very much apart of the game.  He will be watching the game and will have many lines of communication to the team and coaching staff...

IF he is absent, I would expect DD might speak with whoever fills in before the game and perhaps immediately after each period ... but whoever fills in has to have the authority to run the bench ... I wouldn't want DD (or anyone) coaching remotely ... technically it might be feasible but one glitch and chaos ensues.

I presume all the players know the system and the adjustments. Hopefully it won't impact too too deeply if Du Charme isn't physically present, although the personal interdynamics are probably greater than we think. May he have a speedy return. 

Seems confirmed (semi-confirmed?) that DD will not be on site tonight

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

IF he is absent, I would expect DD might speak with whoever fills in before the game and perhaps immediately after each period ... but whoever fills in has to have the authority to run the bench ... I wouldn't want DD (or anyone) coaching remotely ... technically it might be feasible but one glitch and chaos ensues.

I don't think coaches are allowed to have contact with the team during a game if they are not physically present, are they? At least, I'm pretty sure that was how it worked for NHL and NCAA football coaches.

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Seems confirmed (semi-confirmed?) that DD will not be on site tonight

TSN Reporting it on their site now, also.

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-dominique-ducharme-covid-19-game-3-1.1656737

What's really scary (from a fan perspective) is how many players might become infected now? He pulls his mask down to yell more than any other coach I have noticed. As such, I find it hard to believe he is wearing his mask behind closed doors.

What happens if there is an outbreak on the team? Walkover? Games postponed?

In the SHL-playoffs if a team couldnt play because of covid they would be automatic eliminated.