Round 3, Game 4, Golden Knights @ Canadiens, 8:00PM EST

TurdBurglar

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Kotkaniemi wasn't there, but both D-men were also on the other side of the net. This was a comprehensive defensive failure we hadn't seen in regulation.

The entire OT shift by Weber and Chiarot was bad. 

They were great during the game, but the OT shift was awful.

How quickly the hockey gods balanced the scales, Habs steal a W in game 3.  Then have one stolen in game 4.

The Habs play had me feeling confident for most of the game, similar to the start of the season where even though score was close I felt the Habs had such strong control of the play that it wasn’t concerning (obv was still on edge of seat).

It was just a sense of confidence coming from them dictating the style of play I suppose.

Good point made in earlier post, would gladly have taken a best of three for conference final if asked prior to season, playoffs or series.

I’d bet that  Price will be a fortress next game (to steal opponent’s own phrase), he’s such a competitor and seems extra determined this year.

Reffing was bad, agreed that it is no good to wine about it. But is worth observing, just like any aspect of the game. I am fine with letting guys battle, but it went over the line both ways and then some chincey calls do get made it is easy to see people’s frustrations, hopefully it doesn’t derail focus on ice is my concern. You see it happen during plays where guys expect a call and ease off or lose focus out of frustration, or bloody faces, obv causes momentum swings, odd man chances, etc. Oops I just spent more time on that topic  than was worth haha.

I’m loving this summer time hockey run, the team is playing well. Go Habs Go !!!

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Habs won a game they deserved to lose in Game 3, and lost a game they deserved to win in Game 4. Ironically, last night’s game is one to build on IMHO: the first game where we outplayed Vegas for most of the proceedings. But Game 5, in Vegas, with VGK feeling they have momentum and that they pulled a rabbit out of their hats with Lehner…it’s going to be tough.

That's exactly it.

As to the worry about Game 5, for me it's not so much the momentum, but more the question about whether Lehner can play another three games at this level. He had the bounces going his way, but he undeniably played well.

6 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

... Reffing was bad, agreed that it is no good to wine about it ... I am fine with letting guys battle, but it went over the line both ways and then some chincey calls do get made ...

Exactly ... the NHL has near "zero tolerance" for hooks, holding and slashes on a player with/near a scoring chance but doesn't care about cheap shots like the punch to Suzuki's face, or various vicious acts that endanger player safety.

13 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I kept losing access as well.

Were there error messages popping up or anything like that?  For it to happen to you and CC on the same day is a little odd as we haven't had an issue like that in a long time.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

cheap shots like the punch to Suzuki's face, 

Didnt watch replay and had a few beverages by that point, but seemed pretty minor "punch" and not near a Domi or Dale Hunter-type cheap shot. I know still image looks bad but.

And dont think caused Suzy any discomfort did it?

Only allowed 21 shots against, if can do same tomorrow should have a good chance at a W.

47 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lately I get a page not found warning... (it looks the same as if I'm not connected to the internet at all). 

Then i hit refresh once or twice and the site loads.

I'm getting it regularly. And reloading/refreshing doesn't help. It seems to be random...sometimes I get in, most of the time I dont.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Were there error messages popping up or anything like that?  For it to happen to you and CC on the same day is a little odd as we haven't had an issue like that in a long time.

No error message other than the browser message if not being able to connect to the site address. I had no issues connection to any other website on my phone.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Lately I get a page not found warning... (it looks the same as if I'm not connected to the internet at all). 

I get the same message, but refreshing doesn’t help. Able to connect again after 15-20 min. Tried other sites, and had no issues. I thought it could have been a. Issue with too much traffic.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm getting it regularly. And reloading/refreshing doesn't help. It seems to be random...sometimes I get in, most of the time I dont.

Same issue for me. It was only the last game though.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

That's exactly it.

As to the worry about Game 5, for me it's not so much the momentum, but more the question about whether Lehner can play another three games at this level. He had the bounces going his way, but he undeniably played well.

He was a rebound machine. The game plan may switch from jam the front of the net to shoot hard and low and go after rebounds.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Ive been getting it for at least a week. 

Me too.

Not having access makes me realize how addicted I am to this site, LOL

(More seriously, it also rings superstition alarm bells - as in "this is a change from the normal pattern!! Don't change the luck!!!")

1 hour ago, DON said:

Didnt watch replay and had a few beverages by that point, but seemed pretty minor "punch" and not near a Domi or Dale Hunter-type cheap shot. I know still image looks bad but.

Only allowed 21 shots against, if can do same tomorrow should have a good chance at a W.

IMO refs were in no way the cause of the defeat ... but a straight punch to the face is a bit much to be overlooked

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

IMO refs were in no way the cause of the defeat ... but a straight punch to the face is a bit much to be overlooked

Or the high stick on Perry in game 3. Lee was right there.

48 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Or the high stick on Perry in game 3. Lee was right there.

And than looked away, pretty much saying screw you - I’m not calling it. Just like the punch to Suzuki.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Me too.

Not having access makes me realize how addicted I am to this site, LOL

(More seriously, it also rings superstition alarm bells - as in "this is a change from the normal pattern!! Don't change the luck!!!")

I actually did have it a few days e was earlier, but had spotty internet while in Banff, but thought it was an. Issue with the hotel Wi-Fi 

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

The Refs didn't score the goals, but they took away what should have been opportunities to make it a lot more than 1-0 including what would have been a long 5 on 3 at the end of 2nd/start of the third.  That was the punch.

There was also the missed call on an Edmundson cross check on Karlsson so one for vegas there. 

They should have called the hit from behind for Noesen on Weber.

The really should have called that arm drag wrestling move that Tuch did on Danault.

They also should have called the trip on Perry when he had a 2 on 1 with Staal.

The also should have called the goalie interference when Roy skated right into price for no reason. 

So yeah it would have been considerably more PPs for the Habs if they just called the rule book. 

No guarantee that we score another goal but with the way the PP has been going since the end of the Toronto series, I'd take my chances with the 5 on 3, plus 3 other PPs.

And those were just the egregious ones, there were lots more that would have been penalties in a regular season game, but they just weren't calling shit. 

I would love anyone in the world who thought these games were called fairly to say that while looking into my eyes with a straight face. I can be as biased as the next person, but my god, there is no denying that the no-calls/calls on the Habs vs Vegas are about as uneven as how my testicles hang. I just came up with that metaphor on the spot, hope it was original and not in my sub-conscious from someone else saying it. I am going to google it.... Okay I am back and I can't find anything, I might be good. But yeah, unbelievable what went uncalled. A straight left to the chin in front of the ref and nothing. Buddy slams Weber from behind, Weber enraged about said non call punches him in the back of the head and delivers the ol' how-do-you-do crosscheck to the soul with authority. And there were of course plenty of other examples. I think this is a case of egotistical refs inserting themselves into the game. THIS IS MY GAME AND BECAUSE I HAVE THE POWER I REF HOW I WANT AND ALSO DID YOU SEE MY STATS AGAINST THE HABS? OH YEAH BABY THERE IS MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM! YOU WANT TO TEST ME? KEEP WHINING, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM CAPABLE OF, I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS AND I'M JUST GETTING WARMED UP. 

Habs in 6

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Thanks for the reports. I'll update the forum to the latest software version when it's released later this week.

Also glad to hear some of you are addicted to the forums. I'll start to charge you guys ;) kidding

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Now that we go to Vegas with likely new refs, how is the game going to be called?

Is it prison rules again (when CBC calls it that then it’s bad)? Will it be tighter? Call everything?

What should our players prepare for?

Flip a coin, read the tea leaves, consult a gypsy, whoTF knows BUT wont be same two, so lets move on and bitch about Gallagher's lack of goalscoring or Petry/Weber non-shooting or Chiarot-Edmundson shooting more than and getting more icetime than top 2 d-men.

5 hours ago, DON said:

It was a Decent punch, not the usual shove/face wash.

while it didn’t necessarily hurt Suzuki, he turned around from being punched to being mugged by the other Vegas dman (Martinez I think) who gave him a face wash and jerked his head by chin strap hard enough to rip his head sideways and pull the strap off and then /helmet off of him. 
He was not injured but no way should it have gone uncalled.

It wasn’t visible on main play but was shown on one of replays.  All of which was still right in front of refs.

Overall, the refs let Vegas turn it into a street fight for a while when hockey wasn’t working for them. That rarely favours the team with a lead.

Habs are in their heads.