Round 3, Game 4, Golden Knights @ Canadiens, 8:00PM EST

TurdBurglar

56 minutes ago, illWill said:

I would love anyone in the world who thought these games were called fairly to say that while looking into my eyes with a straight face. I can be as biased as the next person, but my god, there is no denying that the no-calls/calls on the Habs vs Vegas are about as uneven as how my testicles hang. I just came up with that metaphor on the spot, hope it was original and not in my sub-conscious from someone else saying it. I am going to google it.... Okay I am back and I can't find anything, I might be good. But yeah, unbelievable what went uncalled. A straight left to the chin in front of the ref and nothing. Buddy slams Weber from behind, Weber enraged about said non call punches him in the back of the head and delivers the ol' how-do-you-do crosscheck to the soul with authority. And there were of course plenty of other examples. I think this is a case of egotistical refs inserting themselves into the game. THIS IS MY GAME AND BECAUSE I HAVE THE POWER I REF HOW I WANT AND ALSO DID YOU SEE MY STATS AGAINST THE HABS? OH YEAH BABY THERE IS MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM! YOU WANT TO TEST ME? KEEP WHINING, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM CAPABLE OF, I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS AND I'M JUST GETTING WARMED UP. 

Habs in 6

Are you OK, illWill?

(I don't envy you your search history at this point, LOL)

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Are you OK, illWill?

(I don't envy you your search history at this point, LOL)

Certainly a ballsy post. Did anyone try to work the imagery?  

:P

Oh, and before the series there was talk about Vegas having no class, with things such as their chrome gold alternate helmets as evidence. Well, Montreal fans have been the ones showing no class by booing Pacioretty. I have no problem with booing players who leave on bad terms, but what did he ever do to the Habs other than scores lots of goals on an extremely team friendly contract? This wasn't Adam Foote saying publicly that he wanted to stay in Columbus, while having a private jet in standby to take him to Denver on deadline day and then taking less money to resign with the Avs. That's the type of guy you boo when they come back to town! 

45 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Oh, and before the series there was talk about Vegas having no class, with things such as their chrome gold alternate helmets as evidence. Well, Montreal fans have been the ones showing no class by booing Pacioretty. I have no problem with booing players who leave on bad terms, but what did he ever do to the Habs other than scores lots of goals on an extremely team friendly contract? This wasn't Adam Foote saying publicly that he wanted to stay in Columbus, while having a private jet in standby to take him to Denver on deadline day and then taking less money to resign with the Avs. That's the type of guy you boo when they come back to town! 

Well Max keeps saying he never asked to be traded.

Angela Price seems to not buy that story 

2 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

I'm with you. It does nothing but lower the team and the sport. 

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

Well Max keeps saying he never asked to be traded.

Angela Price seems to not buy that story 

I'll admit that I forgot about Bergeron and Molson claiming he asked for a trade. He was favorite Hab at the time and I was already unhappy with Bergeron as GM, so I obviously chose to believe Max and apparently forgot about the whole thing.

Habs laughs needs to learn how to use a comma. Took me half a dozen reads to figure out he wasn't just repeating himself and claiming Max recently asked Vegas for a trade.

The booing doesn’t bother me at all. Unlike some cases of booing in the past, I see it as basically good-natured - and also an acknowledgement that Patches is a major player. I don’t sense any real deep-seating loathing or resentment of him.

He was a good player for us, but he never should have become captain (despite lobbying for the job). As a classic goal-scorer, he was way too inconsistent to wear the “C” IMHO. Imagine looking to him to lead the way when he was in one of his extended slumps and doing nothing? Pfft. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The booing doesn’t bother me at all. Unlike some cases of booing in the past, I see it as basically good-natured ...

IMO if it was good-natured it would not be continuous ... if something insulting is said in the right context it can be good-natured, but if it is said regularly regardless of context it isn't good-natured, it is mean-spirited.

Meh, I was one of the biggest Pacioretty supporters around but the booing doesn’t bother me at all either. I agree that it’s somewhat of an acknowledgement that he is a player worth paying attention to on the other team.

As for the captaincy discussion that’s a whole other topic but I was happy with him wearing the “C”. Maybe not so much a prototypical leader but he was our Elite player, and it would still be nice to have a player with his scoring ability on the team. Here’s to hoping Caufield has a successful tenure.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Meh, I was one of the biggest Pacioretty supporters around but the booing doesn’t bother me at all either. I agree that it’s somewhat of an acknowledgement that he is a player worth paying attention to on the other team.

As for the captaincy discussion that’s a whole other topic but I was happy with him wearing the “C”. Maybe not so much a prototypical leader but he was our Elite player, and it would still be nice to have a player with his scoring ability on the team. Here’s to hoping Caufield has a successful tenure.

I didn’t like him as the captain. I loved him as a player, but he should never have been made captain.