Round 3, Game 6: Vegas Golden Knights @ Montreal Canadiens

1 minute ago, nihilz said:

Fair to think, Carey gets the Smyth no matter what!

If TB wins, Kucherov & Point are competition. I bet your right if NYI wins … as long as it goes to 6 or 7. 

Regardless, Habs have a lot of shining lights and a few stars this postseason, but one superstar … Carey Price. 

What a gift. And on St Jean Baptiste day in Montreal! I knew there was reason we lost the one prior. 

This was for the fans at home..... and of course..... .the GHOSTS!!

Well I said Montreal wouldn't get out of the Canadian division and they did.

I said Colorado will win the cup and they lost.

Then I said vgk will win the cup and they lost.

So I'm putting the kiss of death on NYI and Tampa who ever makes the final will win the cup 😎

8 minutes ago, nihilz said:

Fair to think, Carey gets the Smyth no matter what!

Yep. And he just earned a jersey retirement when he retire.

6 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Just want to point out during the regular season, the PK was atrocious and they couldn't buy a win in OT.  In the playoffs, they are lights out on the PK and 4-1 in OT.

There was a big difference between regular season Price and rested for playoff Price. Our forwards are also much better in supporting the D. They were always a threat SH, they just not very good defensively. Much more structure now. 

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Well I said Montreal wouldn't get out of the Canadian division and they did.

I said Colorado will win the cup and they lost.

Then I said vgk will win the cup and they lost.

So I'm putting the kiss of death on NYI and Tampa who ever makes the final will win the cup 😎

I said at the start of the year. This as our best chance, but I still can’t believe we are here with our D. We were completely hemmed ina the end of the third and start of OT, but Price saved the day, and the checking line picked the pest possible time to contribute offensively.

8 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

If TB wins, Kucherov & Point are competition. I bet your right if NYI wins … as long as it goes to 6 or 7. 

Regardless, Habs have a lot of shining lights and a few stars this postseason, but one superstar … Carey Price. 

Well, if Point or Kuch win it, there better be an asterix beside their name. *18 million over lol

2 minutes ago, brobin said:

Ugh… I just realized I am on a five day backpacking trip starting on the first.. I could miss most of the series and a cup win…

Ooohh... that's a bad ugh alright... Pray for a broken ankle!!!

As John Lu is saying it was "poetic justice" that it was Gallagher, Danault and Lehkenen who finished off the Vegas Knights and won the series for us. Wonderful , wonderful players. :1banana::clap:

I hope you can catch one of the replays or the 30 minute versions of the game. Lots of thrills and chills and things worth seeing. You're lookin' pretty good on the Suzuki trade alright. Although I drive a Toyota product.... sorry... can't help myself. .. 

3/4 of the way there.

Just hope they can rest up a bit, keep up the solid play and finish the job.:canada:

Come on, a nice 5 OT game 7 tonight would be fine by me! 

(and Chris Lee is reffing the game and lets both get away with murder (figuratively).)

9 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Just want to point out during the regular season, the PK was atrocious and they couldn't buy a win in OT.  In the playoffs, they are lights out on the PK and 4-1 in OT.

Regular-season PK finished at 78.5%. Middle of the league was Anaheim at 79.9%, so I don't think our PK was exactly atrocious. Not fabulous, either, just mid-pack.

Regular-season 3-on-3 OT is a whole lot different animal than post-season OT.

42 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Regular-season 3-on-3 OT is a whole lot different animal than post-season OT.

Habs weren’t built for pond hockey! Lol

9 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Habs weren’t built for pond hockey! Lol

All season long, I held out a sliver of hope that this bunch might prove to be “built for the playoffs” on the LA Kings 2012 model. It took them until Game 5 against TO to start showing it but that has proved to be exactly the case. :) 

10 hours ago, brobin said:

Ugh… I just realized I am on a five day backpacking trip starting on the first.. I could miss most of the series and a cup win…

would a good old transistor radio work? shortwave radio? (are games broadcast on shortwave?)