Habs-Lightning series discussion thread

BCHabnut

The Cup never comes easy. 

Even in 1993, we had to stop Gretzky.

We will be the underdog again, and I can't wait for all the media picks of Lightning in 4. 

Is it gonna be a tough series, hell yeah it will be.... and we will need to take our game up another notch. 

But with the way we've played.... it can be done. 

Go Habs Go.

I hear Kuckerov may have cracked ribs, hit him hard and take him out of the equation. Their goalie is great but has a bad habit of looking over people blocking him instead of around or low. Shoot low when he is blocked. Maintain the course. Habs in 6. Price wins MVP but Danault deserves it. 

Habs beat the Maples in 7

Habs beat the Jets in 4

Habs beat the Knights in 6

what’s missing?

Habs beat the Lightning in 5!!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Habs beat the Maples in 7

Habs beat the Jets in 4

Habs beat the Knights in 6

what’s missing?

Habs beat the Lightning in 5!!!

Yes please!!

That’s the game I’m targeting flying down for. 

I would absolutely give my left nut to be in there when they hoist the cup. 

2 hours ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

I hear Kuckerov may have cracked ribs, hit him hard and take him out of the equation. Their goalie is great but has a bad habit of looking over people blocking him instead of around or low. Shoot low when he is blocked. Maintain the course. Habs in 6. Price wins MVP but Danault deserves it. 

This is key. Hammer this guy often and without mercy. Will take him out but may also trigger TB into doing something stupid while we grind and grind and grind our way to glory!

Hoo boy. I was really hoping for an Islanders matchup, because to me TB is a powerhouse with no obvious weaknesses. Elite all the way down the line, and they all have Cup rings to boot. They have all the firepower of Toronto minus the neuroses and crappy goaltending.

Of course, I had a similar sense of dread heading into the series against Vegas. But still, this is an Everest for the Habs to climb. 

It’s going to be incredibly tough, but this team has been the underdog all along and this matchup feeds right into that narrative.

Make it happen, boys.

5 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Sergachev would of look good on our blue line with this team. 

A final disastrous error by Bergevin 1.0. Fortunately, the Body Snatchers came and replaced him with the guy in the red suit who has made all the right moves - but that old mistake is going to be a pain in the ass this series for sure.

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A final disastrous error by Bergevin 1.0. Fortunately, the Body Snatchers came and replaced him with the guy in the red suit who has made all the right moves - but that old mistake is going to be a pain in the ass this series for sure.

More like he was trying to save his job by making the French media and habs fan happy by getting a French star on the team. Instead of thinking smart hockey decision he was thinking save my own ass. 

• Like 1

• dlbalr changed the title to Habs-Lightning series discussion thread
6 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Tampa is going to be hit more than they have been and it has a massive culminating effect.

The Islanders are a very physical team as well.  I'm not sure they'll be hit more in this series than they were last round but the cumulative effect from a second very physical series could work in Montreal's favour.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

The Islanders are a very physical team as well.  I'm not sure they'll be hit more in this series than they were last round but the cumulative effect from a second very physical series could work in Montreal's favour.

And they have a short rest so bruises etc won’t heal. 

I like this tweet (probably not Trotz but IDK)

4 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Sergachev would of look good on our blue line with this team. 

Stop it!

No he wouldnt he sucks, is gonna choke...will cough up puck to Romanov in OT, who goes in and scores cup winner.

The habs will have to do the same thing they have been doing this whole ride, kill'em with structure, tireless commitment, stiffle them and counter attack when they get sloppy with killer intentions, while relying on their world class goalie(who too many in this fanbase had irrationally wanted deleted from this roster for years) to do the rest and take their souls and will to win.

Though Tampa is a scary and dreadful opponent, they too play a game that still screams we want to overwhelm you with our skill, while we want to overwhelm with our team, so far we have done well against like minded opponents, lets hope for more of the same, it is very possible to take this thing home! But it will not be easy and we will not be able to miss a step the whole way.

Who is Tampa #2C, and more importantly what will knock them out of the series in game 1? 

i.e.:

1st rnd - Leafs #2c Tavares concussed

2nd rnd - Jets #2c Schiefele suspended

3rd rnd - Golden Knights #2c concussed

Will he get a suspension, and for what?