Habs-Lightning series discussion thread

BCHabnut

6 hours ago, revvvrob said:

Have the officials been named for the finals?

1 Pet Peeve... The series is the Stanley Cup Final, not Finals.

That said, No Chris Lee in any final game

Dan O'Rourke and Francis Charron with Kelly Sutherland the standby for Game 1.  
Gord Dwyer and Eric Furlatt can be used in future games as well. 

5 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Did you notice during the handshake line Petry took off his left glove and kept his right glove on to shake hands awkwardly?  I think his hand is in that bad of shape he doesn’t want anyone outside the team to see it.

I didnt notice what he did during the handshakes but was definitely wondering.  I doubt that he is trying to hide from other players though.   It's probably sore and he doesn't want people touching it.

Petry is wearing a super cool modified glove.  Kudos to whoever made it.  I'm certainly glad he has that glove and is able to play.

6 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Armia has cleared COVID protocol and is on a flight to Tampa Bay.

Awesome news.  The Habs will need the One Man Armia in this series.  

jeff petry - special glove for broken finger 2 .jpg

Petry - special glove for broken finger.jpg

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Seems to be a lot of chatter about the series being over already. This tweet puts things into perspective 

1989 - Game 1 - Calgary 3 Montreal 2

Past Results Are Not A Guarantee Of Future Performance

But NOTHING is over ... tomorrow night is big ... but even a loss would still not be the end of the world.

2-0 is not an insurmountable series lead by any means - but when you're playing a team as strong in every aspect of the game as TB is, that's a very, very steep hill to climb.

MUCH better to take it tomorrow night.

25 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

2-0 is not an insurmountable series lead by any means - but when you're playing a team as strong in every aspect of the game as TB is, that's a very, very steep hill to climb.

MUCH better to take it tomorrow night.

the thing that's going to be huge is last change. Who ever can adjust to the line matching game will win the series. We simply got out coached last night in game one. Cooper did a great job with  getting the line match ups he wanted all game long. We can't go line for line with them , their top 6 out match our top 6. 

Get more shots on Vasilevsky. He looked beatable last night. Dropping a couple of Weber shots, that one from center ice. 

This team has looked down and out before. They were still in game 1 until the Chiarot fluke made it 3-1. I will say Kucherov flops like a soccer player out there. I was most annoyed at the late PP goal to end the streak.

40 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Suzuki and caufield are both smart players who have shown when they make mistakes one game they dont often repeat them the next game.  Im not too worried about matchup.  They will learn.

They are indeed really smart players and I’m sure they all got caught a bit by surprise by the talent level of Point and company. 

I am confident that our coaching staff will address things with the whole team and that will help as well. 

Im fully expecting a win in game 2

• Like 1

On 2nd goal i "think" both kids #14 & 15 could of had the man and neither did. On 4th one i think it was, Suzuki got beat and tied up at centre and the russian coasted to slot for easy scoring chance he buries.

Anyways, of course Suzuki is smart player, but alot to learn at NHL speed and one good thing is that all he/Kotkamiemi/Evans can only improve over next few years and (barring trade) centreice looking much much better than couple years ago.:clap:

And Chiarot better keep shooting every chance he gets, some PP time perhaps, 1g & 1 post...he is on fire..relatively.:P

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Someone needs to do today's GDT...my reliance on The Parrot and Frank Sinatra ran out of gas on Monday

Tom and Alfredoh both have winning streaks and maybe Triz did too?

I just got home from getting my second dose and I’m expecting to beat the bolts so that it isn’t even close. 

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I just got home from getting my second dose and I’m expecting to beat the bolts so that it isn’t even close. 

Syphilis is no joke. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Sorry folks, was stuck at work... I am still trying to get out of this so that I can enjoy the game

We have two goals in two games, both somewhat flukey.

We need to find more goals.  If we score 3 we almost always win.

Maybe we should consider putting in Tatar next game.... maybe for lehkonen.  A little more offence?

• Upvote 1