STANLEY CUP FINALS: Game 1 - Montreal Canadiens @ Tampa Bay Lightning

1 minute ago, brobin said:

They really have had no pressure on Tampa at all..a few good breaks but facing a price like goalie… they need more chances and more traffic… 

they need something good to happen…

Weber shot was a descent chance. Chiarot post was a golden chance.

Habs seems to have turned it up the second half of the period.  Let’s see if they can carry that on to the 3rd.

Remember, most of these players have never played in the finals before.  Nerves are definitely a factor.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Gally deserves better than he’s been getting, in terms of offensive results

He's hurt bad I suspect. Constantly hunched over like a puppy humpin a football.

5 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Habs seems to have turned it up the second half of the period.  Let’s see if they can carry that on to the 3rd.

Remember, most of these players have never played in the finals before.  Nerves are definitely a factor.

No time for indulging in nerves. And TBH I don’t think long-time vets like Price, Weber, or Gally are rattled one bit; meanwhile, key pieces such as Edmundson and Perry have been here, done that.

I like how this game is going, actually. TB is showing superior skill but we are hanging in, pounding them, and perhaps starting to adapt. It was the same story against Vegas and also against TO over Games 2-4. 

29 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I like that Weber and Petry look more comfortable shooting tonight

Chiarot as well. Got the fluky ping pong goal, but he got that because he actually shot.