STANLEY CUP FINALS: Game 1 - Montreal Canadiens @ Tampa Bay Lightning

Every goal has been a bounce... both ways.

Cernak can do that tip 100 times and not hit the top corner

Second goal a shot block lands perfect to coleman.

Our goal double deflection.

That goal chiarot hits it with his glove and palat bats it out of mid air. 

Gotta get to the dirty areas where those happen.

Well, wasn’t meant to be tonight. TB got more breaks, but also had more dangerous chances. Some weird goals.

The interim between Games One and Two will be critical for the coaching staff. They will need to make the right adjustments. The Habs’ giveaways at the line are atypical for this group in the playoffs - I’m pretty sure that is the result of something in the TB game plan. We need to adapt.

I dont think they've been out played all night.  The Habs have dumped and chased and recovered the puck numerous times.  

I agree with @Commandant that most of the goals have been flukey. 

Turnovers killed the Habs this game.  

The Habs only need to win 1 game on the road, and the next game is an away game.  

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I dont think they've been out played all night.  The Habs have dumped and chased and recovered the puck numerous times.  

I agree with @Commandant that most of the goals have been flukey. 

Turnovers killed the Habs this game.  

The Habs only need to win 1 game on the road, and the next game is an away game.  

The habs haven’t really had any pressure on Tampa… dump and chase isn’t working as well against a very good defence… hits are almost equal, Tampa can play that hitting game all night and the habs will come out the worst for it.

I agree the goals were pretty fluky but the goals are 4 to 1… Tampa had had far more chances and can defend a lead better then any team the habs have faced..

the habs will need to make some serious adjustments to get back in this series..I really wish the islanders had knocked these guys out..

Oddly enough, under the circumstances, I like how this has gone. 

Kids needed to be reminded that there are no free rides. 

If you wanna succeed you gotta stick to what got you there in the first place. 

No free rides. This is what separates the men from the boys. 

First game is always going to be a feeling out process.  The Habs did lose game 1 vs Vegas in convincing form.  Adjustment will be made.  The goal starting any series on the road is take at least 1 game on the road.  I still have confidence in this team, they defend and counter attack better than they have shown tonight. 

Just now, brobin said:

the habs will need to make some serious adjustments to get back in this series..I really wish the islanders had knocked these guys out..

They are still very much in the series. Win the next one and it's tied at one, with a Habs home advantage. It's not a 2-0, 3-0 or even 3-1 series lead.

Yes, Tampa is good. That's why they made it this far. The Habs want to win the Cup, so beating the best team is something you have to do to get there.