Stanley Cup Final, Canadiens @ Lightning, 8PM EST

TurdBurglar

4 minutes ago, Pino10 said:

They’re trying the rope a dope strategy. 

My sister used to use that on me. 

Damn eh, numerous times in this series when the Habs dmen are outside the Tampa zone they have done the wrong thing.  i.e. they backed up when they should have moved forward and tried to keep the puck onside.  

Vasilevskiy doesn’t give much to shoot at. They seem to be trying to go high on him every time.

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Watch the replay again.... Petry's stick never touched him.  He stepped on the back of the net and fell. 

Good kill though, seems like they made adjustments to stop tampa from setting up the PP. 

I definitely want to see that penalty again.  I didn't see a good replay of it so I'm not 100% sure what happened.  However, I totally agree with what you are saying because it looked odd.  Plus, it would have been completely stupid for Petry to have tripped the Bolt.   I think his skate probably clipped the side of the net as he skated by it trying to avoid Petry.  

Well we got a PP… 

they have had a few breakaways but that isn’t going to work… they need to get traffic in front and get some point shots, just like Tampa is doing to price..

4 minutEs… they need to get one here!

Why the hell was Gustafson out instead of Caufield!!!😠😠😠

wastes time with the guys on the point passing it around 

4 minutes ago, brobin said:

they have had a few breakaways but that isn’t going to work

Others have said that too and I dont know why.  I'm pretty sure other Mats Naslund fans would agree with me.  i.e. they need to flip the puck to Caufield constantly and send him in on breakaways numerous times per game.  

Overall a pretty decent period for the boys. Hope they can keep it going. Definitely a wasted 4-3 at the end of the period with the wrong personal on the ice. See how they finish off the pp to start the second. Go Habs Go!

These Toronto commentators are beyond trash.  With about 6 minutes left in the period they said Price already made 8 saves.  Tampa ended the period with 6 shots.  I guess Campbell only got 8 straight wins to start his season, and that became 10.

2 minutes ago, Neech said:

Big coaching fail to not have Caufield out there for the 4 on 3.  We end up wasting most fo the time without threatening much.  

I heard him making threats from the bench.:huh:

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

@dlbalrwhat was wrong with the title?  I was at work and someone came and interrupted me while throwing this up.  So that’s why it’s so short.

You spelled Lightning wrong - and it's Stanley Cup Final, not Finals.

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Why the hell was Gustafson out instead of Caufield!!!😠😠😠

wastes time with the guys on the point passing it around 

I'd say Weber was the weak link on the 4-3. Unless you're setting him up for a one timer he just doesn't have "it" anymore. Goose at least gives everyone options. 

I'll take him and Caufield on open ice over Weber any day.

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I'd say Weber was the weak link on the 4-3. Unless you're setting him up for a one timer he just doesn't have "it" anymore. Goose at least gives everyone options. 

I'll take him and Caufield on open ice over Weber any day.

Suzuki was playing the quarterback role, not Gustafson. I’d rather have Suzuki be able to go to the centre of the ice on a 4 on3, and have the option to shoot, pass to Weber for a blast, or pass to Caufield for the blast.  With Caufield- you have at least one guy who will be firing. On that 4 on 3 they were going for the cutesy goal.

Gustafson has had two decent games, but otherwise has been a liability. Both Merrill and Gustafson had bad giveaways in their own zone in the 1st.