Stanley Cup Final, Canadiens @ Lightning, 8PM EST

TurdBurglar

22 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Vasilevskiy doesn’t give much to shoot at. They seem to be trying to go high on him every time.

Caufield 1 timers no goalie can stop.:youpi:

Need Suzuki to lay out nice one for either linemate.

I'm a whole lot happier after that first period. What's the big difference? We seem to be doing a lot better job of messing with them. Is it just a matter of getting used to what they do?

6 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I'd say Weber was the weak link on the 4-3. Unless you're setting him up for a one timer he just doesn't have "it" anymore. Goose at least gives everyone options. 

I'll take him and Caufield on open ice over Weber any day.

110%!!

No clue why people are bashing Gustafsson being out there because he looked to be 1 of the most effective.  It was Weber that was out of place.

Watching the Habs PP is so painful.  So often when the puck carrier is moving in a direction that will open up a passing lane the guy on the other side moves in a direction that kills said passing lane.  

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I would like to swap Romanov for Gustafsson. I think Tampa is taking advantage of Gustafsson’s weak Dzone play. 

Release the bear 🐻 

My psychiatrist used to try to get me to release my inner hamster. Unfortunately she had a cat.

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Heck, Gustafsson was the only one who crashed the net for a chance. He ain't the issue on the powerplay, folks.

I would have had Caufield and Perry out there over Weber and Suzuki. 

Suzuki is often a problem on the PP.  Dont get me wrong, he has a great 1 timer shot to score, but his positioning on the PP is wrong most of the time.  

Habs fans like to rag on newer teams' fans for being ignorant and I usually think it is a bit unfair. But on the 4-on-3 power play when Montreal was passing it around as if they were stalling, they were booing like idiots who didn't understand their team was having a successful penalty kill. This after booing a call on a blatant penalty, but that is pretty universal in sports.

That’s what we need to score. Got a shot through with traffic in front - instead of trying to set someone up for the perfect shot in the slot.

Well another simple screened shot from the point… and the lightning have the lead..

as I said… breakaways are not the answer against this goalie.. just like price is hard to beat… you need traffic in front.

we have one goal in this series.. a double deflection off two Tampa players… 

10 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Have they always marketed as "Final" as opposed to "Finals"? Because if so, you've just blown my mind.

Yes.  The NHL has always called it the Stanley Cup Final