Stanley Cup Final, Canadiens @ Lightning, 8PM EST

TurdBurglar

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The Habs have a thing about forgetting fundamentals at the end of periods.  It didn't help that the linesman interfered with Danault which led to the turnover but he still should have gotten that deep.

Chiarot also played the stick looking for a quick counter when the clock wouldn’t of allowed for it instead of getting inside body position.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Anyone else think back to this when that last second goal went in?

Wow, thats crazy.  They just showed numerous other plays where he's done that.  

6 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Top 2 goalie in the league, top 3 dman, top 5 and top 10 forwards . No question they are the much better team. Fir us to win. We can’t make mistakes. Mistake by orice on the first goal. Mistake by Weber, Danault and Chiarot in last 5 seconds and another goal. We have zero margin for error, and at the most importantly, we need the price from the first three rounds.

Their pieces are better than our pieces, no doubt.

The Habs need to be more than the sum of their parts, that is the only way to win.

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

Chiarot also played the stick looking for a quick counter when the clock wouldn’t of allowed for it instead of getting inside body position.

Yep, terrible choice by Chiarot on that goal.  With the amount of time left in the period he should have known to make a safe play in that situation.  

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Man I hate Gustafson. Great save again by Price

Yep. I just said Gustafson get back, you suck! One second later, he's caught.  I do not like him.

At times its like the Habs are the other teams in the North div during the 1st 7 games of the season.  i.e. they're giving them too much space in the neutral zone.

The Bolts seem to have an uncanny knack of conveniently having an open line mate nearby almost every time they get the puck.   So often they instantly have somebody that they can do a quick pass to.  They're often long up ice passes too.  

Vasilevskiy seems like he's getting luck of the bounces. But I think it's also his style of play, more Hasek-like reactive scrambling than cool, precise positioning. But, either way, it's working for him.

• Upvote 1

What I was afraid of has happened. That late goal killed all the momentum we had built in the 2nd.