STANLEY CUP FINALS: Game 3: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montréal Canadiens

tomh009

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I will be delighted if we pull off a miracle comeback, obviously, but nothing in this series so far gives me any faith. Not only is TB a stronger team overall, but they’re getting all the bounces. Pretty sure we could dominate the rest of the night, tie it up, and then we’d lose in the dying seconds because of a crazy bounce.

Very much not easy.

But the games is not over yet (though I think Debbie D has already switched to baseball). And we play sports to find out who can pull victory out of the jaws of defeat.

GHG! :gohabsgo:

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Damn, I was hoping they challenged it and lost on it.  A PP would have been great timing to claw back into this.  

Tampa doesn’t do stupid things like that

2 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Can't stop what you can't see, this is how you beat this guy more bodies to the net .

Yep, more bodies out front and then use the crowd of people to bounce the puck into the net.  

That was another pathetic PP. Gustafson finally got a floater shot in, but they wasted most of that PP just getting back into the Tampa zone.

Just now, DON said:

What was Chiarot trying to do, let them score with just 0.5 of a second left this time?

Chiarot seems to be having a sh*tty series. 

1 minute ago, Dalhabs said:

Feels ok being down only 1-2. 

17 shots, down by one goal. On the one hand, that is all too typical of the vibe of this series. But I know what you mean.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

PK clinic by TB

or a PP fail by the Habs?

Weber should have moved in a bit and then over.  i.e. put himself in a position that opens up a passing lane with the puck carrier that was in the right corner behind the goal line.  

2 minutes ago, DON said:

What was Chiarot trying to do, let them score with just 0.5 of a second left this time?

Yeah. It’s like wait for the griffin buzzer when you quit on a play.