STANLEY CUP FINAL - Game 4 - Tampa vs Habs - 8pm ET

JoeLassister

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

A random note - I'll be doing a pregame panel appearance on CP24 tonight starting around 8:10 that will run until just before puck drop.  So if you're tired of the talking heads on the CBC panel, you will have an alternative for a few minutes.

Wow, thats awesome.  Congrats!! 

Basically, the only streak that the Habs have left that has yet to be broken is they are still undefeated in Elimination games.  They better keep that streak up tonight and get a win. 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

A key part of my ire at not playing KK and Romanov is that they are both pillars of our new core. Why wouldn’t you play them to get the invaluable playoff experience? ...

I totally understand with Romanov ... but KK has had 19 games this spring/summer ... it MIGHT prove just as useful for him to realize his spot is not guaranteed if he isn't meeting expectations.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I can see this argument re: Romanov, but KK has been given lots of playoff opportunity...not playing Game 4 will make zero difference to his development.

He has sucked this series, and has been a disaster on draws; so I'm not too agitated at Evans drawing in over him. I get the ire against Staal, but his trio has been impressive enough game-in and game-out that I can understand the coaches being reluctant to much with it too much, even if its magic has somewhat dissipated this series, and even if Staal appears to be the weakest link on that line. Another way to put it is that I just don't see this particular decision as warranting much in the way of outrage. I'm glad Evans is in, anyway.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

I totally understand with Romanov ... but KK has had 19 games this spring/summer ... it MIGHT prove just as useful for him to realize his spot is not guaranteed if he isn't meeting expectations.

I was talking about the choice to not start KK in the playoffs. If not for an injury he wouldn’t have played. 

As for KK’s performance, I suggest that his decisions and Dzone play are underrated and Anderson’s play isn’t helping right now either. 

I’ve been wanting to see Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield for the entire playoffs.  I know why it was Toffoli, I just think Anderson’s speed and tenacity on the forecheck should mesh well with Suzuki and Caufield.  I can easily see that being a good line for years to come providing they find some chemistry.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

A random note - I'll be doing a pregame panel appearance on CP24 tonight starting around 8:10 that will run until just before puck drop.  So if you're tired of the talking heads on the CBC panel, you will have an alternative for a few minutes.

I see Brian on my TV woot 👍

Anxious Excitement 

7 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I’ve been wanting to see Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield for the entire playoffs.  I know why it was Toffoli, I just think Anderson’s speed and tenacity on the forecheck should mesh well with Suzuki and Caufield.  I can easily see that being a good line for years to come providing they find some chemistry.

I agree that his size and physicality should give them more room

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Anxious Excitement 

The web site doesn't want to show a live feed, but am watching him on my phone. 👍 :gohabsgo:

10 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I said I wanted to see Anderson with Caufield during the regular season and everyone said it wouldnt be possible because they both play same wing.  The only problem is that is should be Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson.

They should have chemistry.  I want to see Anderson carrying the puck and try to do his round the outside rush to the net but pass to an open to a open Caufield to 1 time it into the net. 

5 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Anxious Excitement 

Job well done ... especially against a professional talker in Joey ... thoughtful and honest points

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

CBC put up and interesting stat.  Canadiens are 7-1 when facing elimination in these playoffs.  

I’ll let that sink in.

Thats awesome.  🤣

Well, if tonight's the last time I see these guys, what a great run!  Let's have a fun game tonight! I hope to see Andy effectively playing off of the young guns, and the reunited Evans-Byron-Leky line picking up where it left off. 

10 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

CBC put up and interesting stat.  Canadiens are 7-1 when facing elimination in these playoffs.  

I’ll let that sink in.

I think that's actually 7-1 when either team is facing elimination. Otherwise the boys would be playing golf by now. 😄

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

I think that's actually 7-1 when either team is facing elimination. Otherwise the boys would be playing golf by now. 😄

It was actually the are 7-1 at home when facing elimination in the finals.  The commentators said it was 7-1 when facing elimination in these playoffs.

54 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

How many goals does he have compared to the guys not being benched?  What is his GPG vs some of the other guys doing squat but playing because they are old farts - sorry meant experienced.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Shots 10-1 against. Sheesh.

Well we’re have way through the first period, and haven’t been scored against - so that’s a positive