STANLEY CUP FINAL - Game 4 - Tampa vs Habs - 8pm ET

JoeLassister

1 minute ago, brobin said:

To be fair they haven’t called that shit all series… new ref…

Well, I’m not going to criticize the refs for calling a slash to a guy’s head. 

Good that we survived the end of the period.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, I’m not going to criticize the refs for calling a slash to a guy’s head. 

Good that we survived the end of the period.

Yup. 

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

That break away that didnt happen is a damn shame.  Another goal would have been perfect to end the period after that PK.

I was surprised Evans had so little in the tank there, he’d been in the sin bin about 20 seconds earlier. 

46 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I see Brian on my TV woot 👍

Anxious Excitement 

40 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Job well done ... especially against a professional talker in Joey ... thoughtful and honest points

Thanks guys.  That was my first live appearance (TV or radio - I did a couple of taped segments many years ago) and let's just say I have a new appreciation for people doing live hits. 

As for anxious excitement - that was the best I could think of.  I didn't want to say nervous or confident so that was my on the fly attempt at blending the two together.

• Like 1

Just now, Neech said:

Lucky to get out of the period with the lead.  Too bad Evans couldn't reach the puck for the breakaway.  What a feed from Suzuki for the goal.

It's about time we had a bit of luck in this series.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Thanks guys.  That was my first live appearance (TV or radio - I did a couple of taped segments many years ago) and let's just say I have a new appreciation for people doing live hits. 

As for anxious excitement - that was the best I could think of.  I didn't want to say nervous or confident so that was my on the fly attempt at blending the two together.

well done amigo

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

It's about time we had a bit of luck in this series.

Yeah, we're unlucky to be playing for our lives in this game, we should be playing to tie it up.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

2 each for Edmundson and Maroon on the end-of-period scrum so it's 4-on-4 to start the 2nd.

We're not made for 4-on-4, bad trade-off for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

2 each for Edmundson and Maroon on the end-of-period scrum so it's 4-on-4 to start the 2nd.

The first 4-on-4 attempt had me shaking my head, hopefully Ducharme will be able to come up with a better plan during the intermission.

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No doubt though.  Its easy to be at home watching TV and see people doing interviews and laugh when they keep saying:  ah, um, etc when asked a question.

It would take practice to get used to not saying those type things when asked a question.  People need to be conscious of not making those sounds because they are sounds that people do subconsciously. 

One thing I've noticed since Staal arrived is that he's really well spoken in that regard and great at doing interviews. i.e. I haven't seen him make any of those sounds.  After he retires I could definitely see him getting into broadcasting or being a Coach/Manager.

It's so incongruous that there are massive gatherings outdoors in Montreal and they can't fill the Bell Center. Such a shame for our players that they haven't played in front of a full crowd in the city's first Cup final in nearly 30 years.  A shame for fans everywhere as well. 

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Damn, Anderson so close, and Gally could have held and done the exact same pass Suzuki did with ANderson too. 

Yeah. But hindsight is so much easier. On the ice, you have a fraction of a second, not much time think.

1 minute ago, brobin said:

Big PK… refs are calling the game like it is regular season, which is fine by me but the players have tO adjust.

PK really has been stellar in these playoffs.