STANLEY CUP FINAL - Game 4 - Tampa vs Habs - 8pm ET

JoeLassister

Anderson!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats exactly as I said:  Anderson on a rush with somebody with him = goals. 

Caufield was in too close but it still caused a goal. 

They need to keep doing that.  

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Goals , right ?!

We did lose 6-3

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A win in Tampa will be a miracle, but this is so much better than being swept.

Would have been the first sweep since '98. 

The moment of overtime joy in the finals is priceless.

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I am so f**king happy…we saved our dignity with that win. Thank you Josh Anderson!!

Exactly!

• Like 1

I apologize to whoever it was…but a couple days ago someone on this site said they should put Anderson with Suzuki and Caufield because they would be able to take better advantage of those end-to-end rushes of his. That is EXACTLY what happened with that goal. Anderson suddenly had an option he normally doesn’t have - CC in the slot. So he passed. The rest is history.

• Like 1

This looked more like the team that went through the first 3 rounds.  A win may give them enough confidence to make a series out of this. 

This series reminds me a whole lot of the Toronto series, without the opening game win. 

Anderson is an intriguing fit with the two wiz kids, who are smart and skilled enough to maximize his abilities.

So happy for Romanov.  We sure got lucky with all those posts on Price.  

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

2 wins in Tampa would be a miracle. 

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

a couple days ago someone on this site said they should put Anderson with Suzuki and Caufield because they would be able to take better advantage of those end-to-end rushes of his.

That was likely me.  I was even saying that in the regular season. 

When Anderson rushes in like that all the other teams players are looking at him, so his linemate should be wide open.  Theres numerous ways that could work too. 

Anderson can cut across the ice and do a drop pass.  Or, when Anderson tries to cut around the dman and rush to the net, if the dman is able to prevent him from doing that, he'll pass the puck across the ice.  He's tried that numerous times but there was nobody with him.   Caufield has the best 1 timer so it should be him with Anderson. 

Also, when Anderson does those rushes and doesnt score there is usually a rebound but again theres nobody up there with him.   If there was a second chance when Anderson tries that they would have a very high probability of being successful. 

I honestly think that might actually be the 1st time that Anderson had somebody up there with him.