STANLEY CUP FINAL - Game 5 - Tampa vs. Habs - 8 PM

Fanpuck33

So the standard is everything is getting called unless you are wearing blue.  

There’s nobody can tell me with a straight face that Anderson’s hook below the hands, legal by the way, can be called when the late hit on Suzuki shouldn’t be.

5 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

I've explained it. Its not a national event. More Canadians on the Lightning. 

You didn't answer either question, but I don't really care. There is a game going on.

When players skate right through Prices crease like that, what would happen if the end of his stick made contact with them? Such as accidental incidental contact, to their nads.  Just wondering.  

4 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

You didn't answer either question, but I don't really care. There is a game going on.

I did answer. You don't get it. Let's get back to the game.

5 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

So the standard is everything is getting called unless you are wearing blue.  

There’s nobody can tell me with a straight face that Anderson’s hook below the hands, legal by the way, can be called when the late hit on Suzuki shouldn’t be.

I didn't notice the hit on Suzuki being particularly late, but that hook by Anderson was blatant. If it wasn't so far from the goal, it would have been a penalty shot. That was the most obvious call this game.

1 minute ago, Fanpuck33 said:

I didn't notice the hit on Suzuki being particularly late, but that hook by Anderson was blatant. If it wasn't so far from the goal, it would have been a penalty shot. That was the most obvious call this game.

The reffs will typically call any stick near the hands.  However, TB hooked Gally in a similar manner, no call.   The hit on Suzuki was late, and it could be argued that Danault was hit high, by 2 of them at same time.  

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

The reffs will typically call any stick near the hands.  However, TB hooked Gally in a similar manner, no call.   The hit on Suzuki was late, and it could be argued that Danault was hit high, by 2 of them at same time.  

Anderson got away with flattening Kucherov from behind without the puck. We got away with too many men. The refs haven't been great with the dive decisions and the timing of some whistles, but I don't think it has been one sided.

Refs aside, the habs need to generate some offensive.. they are playing like it is late in the third and they have a lead.. lucky it is still tied at zero but we need a strong second period or it is just a matter of time.

43 minutes ago, Neech said:

These military ceremonies at a Cup final are lame as hell.  

To be fair, Tampa does this for every game, regular season or playoffs.  It's not just a pump-up gimmick.

25 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Am I just a Habs fan or is the Perry penalty bogus? I didn’t think that necessarily was embellishment. 

I thought it was legit off the replay I saw.  That head snapped back pretty hard.

1 minute ago, Neech said:

A joke to to call embellishment on Perry with all the dives the Bolts are pulling.  That Coleman is an annoying SOB.

Kucherov had a penalty called in his favour in game 1 for being punched.  The fun fact is NOBODY actually touched him.  Yet Weber gets a $5000 fine for a play where Kucherov dove on.  Just those 2 players should have been embellishment fines, the second would have been a fine for Cooper as well.

Not a good period from the Habs, aside from Price.  That's two straight first periods where they've really struggled (and the first is supposed to be the good period for Montreal).  They'll need to be a lot better in the second.

26 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

NHL rule book clearly states the stick to stick contact is fine.  Hooking is when the shaft of the stick is above the upper hand to hold or hook an opponent.  It’s rule 55 if you want to verify.

Anderson had stick to stick contact and wasn’t above any hand.  

Just now, TurdBurglar said:

I honestly think the first period was to survive the storm.  Now they need to play like they want it.

I agree.  TB has to play themselves out, and the Habs just needed to weather the storm, which they did.  

C'mon score on this PP.