STANLEY CUP FINAL - Game 5 - Tampa vs. Habs - 8 PM

Fanpuck33

Proud of this team. This season will go down in my memory as positive. Pity we didn’t come out on top, but I’m hopeful for the future. 

Now MB - go get us a puck moving d man! I think that’s the missing piece to help drive the offense. 

Tampa Bay deserved it. They really are a great team with next to no weaknesses. I really like John Cooper as a coach. Such a well spoken individual who seemed like a genuinely nice guy. 

A hell of a run by the Habs that I'll always remember!  Loved being the underdog and surprising all these teams. Price was amazing and showed that he is still a top goalie in this league.

I'm actually completely undecided on what to think of the Habs reaching the Cup Final and losing.  Was it a really a good thing or is it potentially bad?  The truth is, we wont really know either way for at least 3-5 years.

MB has no doubt earned an extension from this and will likely think that he's a genius.  Therefore, I can only imagine that he will double down on his strategy.  However, if this playoff run was a complete fluke that could work out terribly.  

1 minute ago, Habsfan84 said:

Tampa Bay deserved it. They really are a great team with next to no weaknesses. I really like John Cooper as a coach. Such a well spoken individual who seemed like a genuinely nice guy. 

A hell of a run by the Habs that I'll always remember!  Loved being the underdog and surprising all these teams. Price was amazing and showed that he is still a top goalie in this league.

Ya man.

10 minutes ago, brobin said:

It does suck getting shut out in the last game.. the Tampa goalie really didn’t have a hard game.

Naturalstattrick had high-danger scoring chances even at nine each.

I share the general sentiment on here. This run was a gift. The boys salvaged their pride with a great win in Game 4 and can hang their heads high.

Although the goal is obviously to win the Cup, getting to the Finals is a major achievement in itself. It would have been a travesty if Carey Price had never had the chance to compete on that stage. Guys like Gally and Weber needed it too. 

Thanks to all of you for being my virtual companions on this journey of the Run of 2021 :) 

• Like 2

Two straight playoffs without losing consecutive games. Just unreal. Hard not to wonder what could have been with the McDonagh, Sergachev, and BriseBois.  A good half of our core is still young and look even better than this time last year. There is hope for improvement next year and we just might have a bit of a window before the oldies break down completely.

1 hour ago, revvvrob said:

Y’all likely have noticed this ages ago, but everyone has the exact same helmet! I miss the days of players having their own helmet brand/style. Mark messier (mike McPhee) or butch goring to name 2. Even Wayne Gretzky. 

Even just a few years ago I would still notice a player or two with a helmet just a shade off-white or a slightly lighter shade of blue. It drove me crazy! I have no problem with different brands or styles, but get the stinking color right!

Seen some chatter from fans speculating that Weber might be "done" because of this image. I think it's just his teammates paying respect to the oldest guy on the team (that hasn't one a cup yet) and knowing that he was definitely playing hurt this whole time. 

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Seen some chatter from fans speculating that Weber might be "done" because of this image. I think it's just his teammates paying respect to the oldest guy on the team (that hasn't one a cup yet) and knowing that he was definitely playing hurt this whole time. 

I think by tomorrow we will be hearing that half the team was playing very hurt 

14 minutes ago, huzer said:

Oh, he's got my 11 year old beat, then!

And me and Gallagher

5 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

I think by tomorrow we will be hearing that half the team was playing very hurt 

Yeah, I will be very interested to hear just how bad off Weber, Petry, and Gallagher were during this run.