Habs Off Season 2021

How do you vote?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ducharme get a contract?

• Yes - One year contract to "prove" himself
    • Yes - Multi year contract
    • No - We need someone different
  2. 2. What kind of contract should Danault get (assume 6 year length)?

• 3-4 million per year
    • 4-5 million per year
    • 5-6 million per year
    • 6+ million a year
  3. 3. Should Weber be exposed to the Kraken?

• No way - He is our captain
    • Yes - He can't live up to his contract anymore

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

👍

So one down ... still need to resolve ... whether Burrows stays with DD or goes to Laval as HC ... who will be the day-to-day goaltending coach (expect Burke will focus on his actual role - "DIRECTOR of Goaltending") ... and ... who to add to the staff.

Need a full Laval staff, and a staff for Trois Rivieres as well.

3 hours ago, Neech said:

So many D-men, and who's our best forward prospect now?  Ylonen?

Are we considering Caufield an NHLer?  I guess so, but he will be the top prospect on my list when i do it, as he's under 50 NHL games

From there.

Highest Ceiling: Ylonen

Most NHL Ready: Poehling

57 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Are we considering Caufield an NHLer?  I guess so, but he will be the top prospect on my list when i do it, as he's under 50 NHL games

From there.

Highest Ceiling: Ylonen

Most NHL Ready: Poehling

<<troll mode on>> we could send Caufield to Laval to bulk up and to learn the defensive side of the game over a more strenuous schedule. That would make him the best forward prospect<</troll mode off>>

39 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

<<troll mode on>> we could send Caufield to Laval to bulk up and to learn the defensive side of the game over a more strenuous schedule. That would make him the best forward prospect<</troll mode off>>

Could also move Habs to Toronto, but that aint happening neither Mr. P.

44 minutes ago, DON said:

Could also move Habs to Toronto, but that aint happening neither Mr. P.

Doesn't Hamilton have an arena ready to welcome the Habs?

Did Vaughan/York or Downsview ever get an arena?

Edited by alfredoh2009
added question

58 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Doesn't Hamilton have an arena ready to welcome the Habs? ...

So does Quebec City ... another city the habs won't be moving to.

🙂

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

So does Quebec City ... another city the habs won't be moving to.

🙂

Imagine the chaos this move would make!

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think Caufield is going to score 30 goals next season in the NHL 

I can see the logic behind keeping him in Laval though. While Caufield did do many little things right defensively in the playoffs, he also has holes in that area. He needs to figure out how to get that job done against the NHL giants 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I think Caufield is going to score 30 goals next season in the NHL 

I can see the logic behind keeping him in Laval though. While Caufield did do many little things right defensively in the playoffs, he also has holes in that area. He needs to figure out how to get that job done against the NHL giants 

I wrote that in full troll mode, but in all honesty without Bouchard in Laval anymore I would not send him to Laval if he will not be put in a situation to improve.

Caufield, and by extension Romanov, Brook, Poehling, Ylonen and Primeau need proper development to become the NHL players the have shown they could be

Caufield is really good, and probably will do fine next season as-is, but I would love to see the Habs take all the opportunities they may have at their disposal to develop him into a goal scoring machine

18 hours ago, Commandant said:

Need a full Laval staff, and a staff for Trois Rivieres as well.

Trois-Rivieres has their head coach in place in Eric Belanger.  It sounds like they're close on an assistant (and ECHL teams usually only have one) so that team could be done sooner than later.  The AHL staff will be intriguing though.

Edit: Trois-Rivieres has their assistant as well in Pascal Rheaume.

15 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Edit: Trois-Rivieres has their assistant as well in Pascal Rheaume.

Manon's brother ... wonder if his nephew Dylan St. Cyr might get a tryout ... he is an undrafted, SMALL (5'8", 167 lbs)  goaltender who was a Senior at Notre-Dame last season ... played 22 games ... 11-9-1, .244, .921 

With Drouin and Weber on LTIR and Danault testing the UFA market, it is becoming feel less and less likely they go on a deep Stanley Cup run in 2022

I can't wait for next week to see how they attack the situation

Just now, Commandant said:

If all of that happens, thats close to 16 million in money to spend though.  I doubt they don't add things. 

I was trying to figure out any potential draft pick trades to move up or down. Checked LWOS, DraftAnalisys, TheAthletic, SportsNet, TSN, etc

very divergent opinions beyond the top 15

with the Habs picking late, there is no consensus on what they may be picking 

I will be a very interesting off-season

looking forward to the discussions o. This forum

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If all of that happens, thats close to 16 million in money to spend though.  I doubt they don't add things. 

To your point on salary cap available. It gives MB extra leverage to take on “bad contracts” or UFAs... using cap room to get trade advantage 

51 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Hamilton and Landeskog? Id love that but maybe too much to wish for?

Hamilton for sure.

I think you spread the rest around to probably two guys.   2 of the following.... Another RHD for the third pair, a 3rd line Centre to replace Danault, another winger who can score.

You also have to consider backup goalie if Allen leaves in expansion (though that would increase the cap space too).

Awesome, I've been unmuted so I can go back to making controversial comments.  :1banana:

Well, do people think the concept of having large slow Dmen is the way to go?  I can certainly think of a large slow dman that is potentially available, and one that could be signed for real cheap.   i.e. Chara.  🤣

I still say that if Perry comes back it would be interesting if he could attract Getzlaff for cheap. 😇

My main reason is that he has his size and can fight.  He has a decent 1-2 combo that he does with a kidney shot then uppercut.  Its a lethal combo, because the kidney shot gets people to bend over forward and then he hits them under the chin when he throws an uppercut.

Sure, they're both older and not as good as they once were, but they'd be cheap and they might be able to help the PP.  Plus,  they are tough like Weber and could play 4 rounds of playoff hockey.  They're built for the Playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Awesome, I've been unmuted so I can go back to making controversial comments.  :1banana:

Well, do people think the concept of having large slow Dmen is the way to go?  I can certainly think of a large slow dman that is potentially available, and one that could be signed for real cheap.   i.e. Chara.  🤣

I still say that if Perry comes back it would be interesting if he could attract Getzlaff for cheap. 😇

My main reason is that he has his size and can fight.  He has a decent 1-2 combo that he does with a kidney shot then uppercut.  Its a lethal combo, because the kidney shot gets people to bend over forward and then he hits them under the chin when he throws an uppercut.

Sure, they're both older and not as good as they once were, but they'd be cheap and they might be able to help the PP.  Plus,  they are tough like Weber and could play 4 rounds of playoff hockey.  They're built for the Playoffs. 

why stop at Chara and Getzlaff when Lucic is still available  ? :ph34r:

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

why stop at Chara and Getzlaff when Lucic is still available  ? :ph34r:

Hmm, thats an interesting suggestion too, but he isnt a Center.  However, he did have almost twice the hits and goals of Getzlaff and Chara combined.  No clue what he would sign for though, plus I think he hates the Habs, as does Chara.  Either way, they're both the last players that any Habs fan would ever expect to see wear a Habs jersey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I really hope you are joking…

8 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Expect Getzlaf re-signing to be one of the many contracts announced soon after the transactions freeze is lifted.

Still think Bergy is battling pretty low % on trying washed up NHLers. Perry was about it wasnt he? So going after more of those is low risk obviously, but slim chance would be more worthwhile then, say playing a Poehling or Ylonen on 4th line.

43 minutes ago, DON said:

Still think Bergy is battling pretty low % on trying washed up NHLers. Perry was about it wasnt he? So going after more of those is low risk obviously, but slim chance would be more worthwhile then, say playing a Poehling or Ylonen on 4th line.

I think Poehling or Vejdemo can slot on the 4th line.

Belzile too

53 minutes ago, DON said:

Perry - win

Staal - meh

Kovalchuk - win

But, it's really a pretty small sample. (Not including washed-up goalies here.)