Habs Off Season 2021

How do you vote?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ducharme get a contract?

• Yes - One year contract to "prove" himself
    • Yes - Multi year contract
    • No - We need someone different
  2. 2. What kind of contract should Danault get (assume 6 year length)?

• 3-4 million per year
    • 4-5 million per year
    • 5-6 million per year
    • 6+ million a year
  3. 3. Should Weber be exposed to the Kraken?

• No way - He is our captain
    • Yes - He can't live up to his contract anymore

3 hours ago, Neech said:

Is Dougie Hamilton worth the 8.5M it would probably take to get him?

YES.

Dougie Hamilton wins a Norris in Montreal.  People don't know how good he is in Carolina. 

21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

YES.

Dougie Hamilton wins a Norris in Montreal.  People don't know how good he is in Carolina. 

One bonus would be listening to Pierre Houde call him 'Doggie Hamilton'.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Makar would be tremendous ... problem is that an offer sheet ties up that money, and the related picks, for up to 7 days as Colorado decides whether to match, if Makar even signs the offer sheet ... also, since Hamilton has been given permission to talk to teams the Habs could know before free agency opens whether they have got a deal in place, making the rest of free agency (and the hunt to replace Weber) easier to manage.

As much as I want him, I just don’t seeing Hamilton coming here. He didn’t fit in the traditional hockey markets. Maybe you try for him first, to see if there is interest, and then go after Makar?

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

YES.

That's optimism.  Hamilton hasn't been able to find the right fit yet, not sure the right fit is a hockey crazy market like Montreal. 

Hamilton is leaving carolina solely because of cap/money.  He wants more than they are willing to spend.  Same thing in calgary.

Calgary decided theyd rather pay Hanifin ans Lindholm than pay HAmilton.  It was trading one excellent player for two very good ones (cap wise). He was very good on the flames. 

I dont believe this "did not play well in a hockey market"

I also dont believe the didnt fit in carolina or calgary narratives.  He was really good in calgary.  Yes he was better in carolina but thats just a young D maturing and now reaching his prime.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Hamilton is leaving carolina solely because of cap/money.  He wants more than they are willing to spend.  Same thing in calgary.

Calgary decided theyd rather pay Hanifin ans Lindholm than pay HAmilton.  It was trading one excellent player for two very good ones (cap wise). He was very good on the flames. 

I dont believe this "did not play well in a hockey market"

I also dont believe the didnt fit in carolina or calgary narratives.  He was really good in calgary.  Yes he was better in carolina but thats just a young D maturing and now reaching his prime.

He were issues in the room in Calgary. Two issues. One was with respect to his teammates perception of his brother getting preferential treatment as part of his initial contract. Second, he likes to do his own thing, and that’s a taboo for hockey culture. I’d take him, but he may not want the constant media scrutiny. Media in Calgary, and Hamilton both tired of each other. Like I said earlier, I’d take him, not sure he’d want to deal with the media scrutiny that comes with playing in Montreal.

At least Richardson should have some insight to provide ... he was in the Sens organization for much of Hoffman's Ottawa career, and was his HC for two of Hoffman's stints (92 games) in the AHL.

15 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

At least Richardson should have some insight to provide ... he was in the Sens organization for much of Hoffman's Ottawa career, and was his HC for two of Hoffman's stints (92 games) in the AHL.

I am super leery of Hoffman but I’m working off of a whole lot of rumours and speculation. 

I would have to trust Richardson 

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

He were issues in the room in Calgary. Two issues. One was with respect to his teammates perception of his brother getting preferential treatment as part of his initial contract. Second, he likes to do his own thing, and that’s a taboo for hockey culture. I’d take him, but he may not want the constant media scrutiny. Media in Calgary, and Hamilton both tired of each other. Like I said earlier, I’d take him, not sure he’d want to deal with the media scrutiny that comes with playing in Montreal.

He likes to go.to museums instead of going to bars.  Meh... i dont see the problem.

• Like 1

I am always a bit skeptical about imprecations against a guy's personality. I heard the same garbage spewed about PK Subban. Except in extreme circumstances - e.g., Avery bullying his teammates - all I give a crap about is what I guy does on the ice.

So I'm with Commandant on the "sign Hamilton" train. The guy is a stud.

For some reason, I would like to sign Barrie. I think it would be interesting to have Petry and Barrie on the same team, it would change the Habs transition game out of their zone. We have enough stay at home Ds to cover for them.

For some reason I also like Ryan Murray. Probably because at the trade deadline @Commandant mentioned that he liked him and I started to pay attention.

I would stay away from Hamilton. He seems to e a stud RD but he will probably be too expensive for the Habs.

6 minutes ago, huzer said:

So far in Bergie's presser, Weber most likely done, career-wise. Drouin will be back in camp this fall, Price out 6-8 weeks.

If Weber is done, then Dougie Hamilton has to be "IT"

Just now, huzer said:

At this point, it's not an if. Bergevin said not next season and "probably" done for his career.

💩 !!!

16 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Allen and Primeau tandem until Price is back or do we sign someone?

I think it was just surgery recovery time, not missing the first 6-8 of the season.

18 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Allen and Primeau tandem until Price is back or do we sign someone?

Typically 6-8 weeks is after surgery.  So he might be ready for the start of the year.

But lets go longish on this..... Hopefully he gets surgery by the end of the month/first week of August.  Then 6-8 weeks includes August and September.... Allen starts the season in goal in October... Price starts practicing and has a "mini-training camp" maybe a conditioning stint in laval.  He's ready to go by the end of October. 

I think we can survive with Primeau for a month. Or we grab some experienced goalie on waivers and use him as the backup for a month and then waive him again. 

1 hour ago, huzer said:

So far in Bergie's presser, Weber most likely done, career-wise. Drouin will be back in camp this fall, Price out 6-8 weeks.

So, issue will be gone/dealt with by Sept?

Great to hear, as frustrating as he is to watch at times, he is still good for 40+points... in a bad year.:clap:

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Did MB actually say that Weber is "probably" done for his career???

If so, that is quite a thing to say - basically a guarantee that Weber is done.

Those were his exact words. Well, except they were in french.