2021 NHL Offseason

Trizzak

57 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Scratch Makar off the offer sheet wish list - he signed a six-year deal with a $9M cap hit.

The surprise for me is that they only buy out two unrestricted seasons ... Jones got $9.5 for eight UFA years

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The surprise for me is that they only buy out two unrestricted seasons ... Jones got $9.5 for eight UFA years

Only 1, actually.  He didn't play enough in his first year to accrue a year of service time.

Just now, dlbalr said:

Only 1, actually.  He didn't play enough in his first year to accrue a year of service time.

Teach me to trust a media report ... makes it even more confusing for me

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If Philly and Columbus are swapping Voracek and Atkinson, there better be quite the incentive going to the Blue Jackets as well.

It's a 1-for-1 trade.  That's surprising.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Another disgruntled veteran being disposed of?

CBJ take on an extra $2.375 but for two years less term ... guess they are trying to"change the room".

37 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If Philly and Columbus are swapping Voracek and Atkinson, there better be quite the incentive going to the Blue Jackets as well.

26 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

This is baffling. If you're going to rebuild, then sure, ship out Atkinson. But for Voracek? What the heck?!?!  You trade one of the few good players willing to sign long term for a similarly aged player with a bigger contract? The baffling moves continue.

19 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I have no idea what Vancouver's thinking here.  Ekman-Larsson is already declining quickly and is signed through 2026-27.  Sure, they dumped their deadweight contracts in this trade which helps them for this season but they just added a brutal contract to their books for the sake of trying to make the playoffs next year.  That's going to cost them down the road.

Coming late to this party, but Dim Jim Benning really seems to have outdone himself with this one - getting rid of a bunch of his previous cap-mismanagement follies by adding a brand new, honking long-term cap folly: https://jfresh.substack.com/p/breaking-down-the-oliver-ekman-larsson

😄

OEL seems to be much like PK Subban, a fantastic puck-moving defenceman whose game evaporated very early, probably due to injury, such that they’re more or less washed up by age 30. The difference is that Subban is not locked up to a huge cap hit for the next 6 years, LOL. 

Dim Jim is a strange case. Absolutely amazing at drafting elite talent, absolutely appalling at cap management. The tragi-comedy in all this is that the Canuckleheads are almost guaranteed to waste the sky-high potential of their young core because of this atrocious management.

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Reinhart to Florida eh.

Not sure if already noted?

Do folks think he would have been worth next season's first and a good prospect?

Scored at a 38g/82gms last season ... RFA coming of a $5.2M contract ... UFA after 22-23.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Do folks think he would have been worth next season's first and a good prospect?

Scored at a 38g/82gms last season ... RFA coming of a $5.2M contract ... UFA after 22-23.

Seems like a fair price to me, though I don't think another right hand forward would have been a good fit for us. Toffoli, Suzuki, Caufield, Anderson. We already very right heavy up front.

Ritchie is an interesting name ... 6'2", 230 ... 15 goals, 26 points in 56 games last season

Maybe Donato or Khaira (if size, willingness to drop gloves is desired), 

Sounds like a done deal

59 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Sounds like a done deal

He may not even report to Chicago, he didn’t want to leave Vegas.  TSN is reporting he may just retire.  He may of told Vegas if he was traded he will retire, hince nothing coming back the other way.  There’s nobody can tell me he has no value.

3 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

He may not even report to Chicago, he didn’t want to leave Vegas.  TSN is reporting he may just retire.  He may of told Vegas if he was traded he will retire, hince nothing coming back the other way.  There’s nobody can tell me he has no value.

Last fall, teams were demanding a first-round pick to take on his contract.  Fleury had a nice bounce-back year but when there are half a dozen or so free agent goalies available for half the AAV of Fleury, there wasn't going to be a lot of interest if there was no retention or salary offset.

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

He may not even report to Chicago, he didn’t want to leave Vegas.  TSN is reporting he may just retire.

Surprised that Bowman didn't manage to squeeze something from Vegas to take the contract off their hands ... especially if he isn't at least getting a season from Fleury ... OR ... perhaps the Hawks facilitate MAF moving to a team for which he would play ... lots of "talk" about Pittsburgh wanting him back.

10 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Rumours out there that chicago can retain some salary and flip him to Pittsburgh for actual assets.