2021 NHL Offseason

Trizzak

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Id 100% claim ABB and id play him as a centre too.  On the 4th hes better than paquette.

https://www.rawcharge.com/2021/9/28/22696929/2021-raw-charge-top-25-under-25-7-alex-barre-boulet-tampa-bay-lightning-prospect-scouting-report

Maybe, he would probably fit well on the 3rd line with Hoffman and Gallagher, leaving Lehkonen-Evans-Armia on the 4th line. Perault would be able to share the load centering the 3rd line when ABB may go cold

I would prefer Jankowski as 4th line centre and give Evans the 3C, but I am not a good prospect evaluator

32 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would prefer Jankowski as 4th line centre and give Evans the 3C, but I am not a good prospect evaluator

The fact that New Jersey, a team that's not all that good, let him go is a pretty good sign that he's no longer an NHL player.  He's a guy for a two-way contract at best now.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The fact that New Jersey, a team that's not all that good, let him go is a pretty good sign that he's no longer an NHL player.  He's a guy for a two-way contract at best now.

I am not saying Jankowski is great, he is a fringe NHLer capable of playing 4th line minutes. He may contribute offensively every now and then. Fred Gauthier won a spot over him which is a red flag

It's just that Barré-Boulet seems like Desharnais 2.0 ; he will probably have a decent NHL career, but as far as the Habs go I would pass because:

* Habs have their 1C and 2C

* Evans may need sheltering sometimes, something I think Jankowski could do better than Perrault in physical games

* Jankowski could be burried in Laval where ABB would need to stick in Montreal

You already have Paquette who is a better and more physical player than Jankowski for the grit games. I don't see what Jankowski brings that Paquette doesn't. 

At least Barre-Boulet might be an offensive contributor, something that a team with this many good wingers would want.  I could see him being a similar player to Carter Verhaeghe who the Lightning also couldn't fit in the lineup.

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I am not saying Jankowski is great, he is a fringe NHLer capable of playing 4th line minutes. He may contribute offensively every now and then. Fred Gauthier won a spot over him which is a red flag

It's just that Barré-Boulet seems like Desharnais 2.0 ; he will probably have a decent NHL career, but as far as the Habs go I would pass because:

* Habs have their 1C and 2C

* Evans may need sheltering sometimes, something I think Jankowski could do better than Perrault in physical games

* Jankowski could be burried in Laval where ABB would need to stick in Montreal

If there's someone on waivers that you think could be a Desharnais 2.0 that's signed for the league minimum for three years, you take him and figure the rest out later.  That's just smart asset management and the money is easy to fit in. 

Jankowski doesn't fit on a fourth line.  He didn't work out in Calgary in that role, nor in Pittsburgh, and couldn't crack New Jersey.  He's a passable recall if injuries struck but that's about all you can hope for from him.  Shoot for a higher-ceiling player instead.

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

a 32 year old centerman, not fast but has a decent career

He was useless in Edmonton last year, they're praying someone takes him now.

Adam Brooks is on waivers today, that's a good C target but I doubt he gets as far as the Habs on the priority list.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

You already have Paquette who is a better and more physical player than Jankowski for the grit games. I don't see what Jankowski brings that Paquette doesn't. 

I just don't think the Habs are a good fir for Barré-Boulet. I think he may regress due to the Habs situation

On my wish list, one of:

Waivers: Turris or Barré-Boulet (doubt we get him)

UFA: Jankowski

Or:

Gelinas, Lajoie and Larsson (how did I miss him)

Edited by alfredoh2009

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

On my wish list, one of:

Waivers: Turris or Barré-Boulet (doubt we get him)

UFA: Jankowski

Or:

Gelinas, Lajoie

Seriously?  Eric Gelinas?  He was beyond useless the last time the Habs had him, why in the world would they want him back?  The guy is not remotely close to an NHL-calibre player and hasn't been for quite some time. 

The only one on that list that has a shot at being semi-useful in the NHL this season is Barre-Boulet.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Seriously?  Eric Gelinas?  He was beyond useless the last time the Habs had him, why in the world would they want him back?  The guy is not remotely close to an NHL-calibre player and hasn't been for quite some time. 

The only one on that list that has a shot at being semi-useful in the NHL this season is Barre-Boulet.

Jacob Larsson? Drafted right after Juulsen

Interesting next 24hr to see if Belzile sticks beyond a possible waivers pick

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Jacob Larsson? Drafted right after Juulsen

He's semi-interesting.  I think he's worth a claim somewhere but he's a slower stay-at-home player and that doesn't seem to be what the Habs are targeting.  They're clearly looking for mobility/puck-movement.  I know they liked Mikko Lehtonen before he signed with Toronto but I don't think he's demonstrably better than Niku; he's probably the best of the puck-moving d-men.

Just now, dlbalr said:

He's semi-interesting.  I think he's worth a claim somewhere but he's a slower stay-at-home player and that doesn't seem to be what the Habs are targeting.  They're clearly looking for mobility/puck-movement.  I know they liked Mikko Lehtonen before he signed with Toronto but I don't think he's demonstrably better than Niku; he's probably the best of the puck-moving d-men.

may be a better option than Kulak to play with Wideman

and if I am not mistaken, Larsson has played on his off-side

Habs will have a tough time getting anyone good off waivers at the moment as they get the second to last opportunity to make a claim ... one has to wonder whether MB might not be better to assess which players of interest to the Habs are likely to go on waivers and make some proactive trade offers (i.e., before you put X on waivers I'd give you a 6/7th round pick) ... give the other team something rather than just losing the player on waivers.

#ABBwatch is off

Edited by alfredoh2009
He didn’t get even close to where the Habs could pick him

4C or a challenger to Evans for 3C?

On 10/10/2021 at 2:27 PM, dlbalr said:

you may get your wish