Jump to content

2021 NHL Offseason


Trizzak
 Share

Recommended Posts

All the important dates this month are there.

 

New team entering the league. Big names in trade rumours. Players going on LTIR for the whole season but returning for the playoffs. Let's go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the fun time a year. I just hope we don't over pay for Danault, if he wants over 6mil let him walk. Theirs a lot of 3rd and 4th line centers in free agency that we can replace his D/face offs skills for less. 

 

I would take a gamble on Laine , play him with he's country men maybe that will inspire him. 

 

We got to some how get rid of Drouin's and Byron's contracts to have more spending money. I hope we can offer up a pick to Seattle to take one of them.  Probably most likely Byron.

 

Blues will lose Tarasenko this off season so maybe if Drouin is going to play next year they would be interested in him. Or call up Colorado and see if they would be interested in reunite him with MacKinnon. 

 

Should be an interesting month 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will be shocked if Da silt is not resigned ( Selke runner up, excellent on FOs, excellent defending againsts any team’s best line, capable of 50 points

 

I will be surprised if Drouin is not give a good chance to comeback with the team. Local boy, 69-70 point guy, gods speed and hockey IQ. Excellent (overpaid) if third liner, good 2nd liner if he is focused on hockey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I will be shocked if Da silt is not resigned ( Selke runner up, excellent on FOs, excellent defending againsts any team’s best line, capable of 50 points

 

I will be surprised if Drouin is not give a good chance to comeback with the team. Local boy, 69-70 point guy, gods speed and hockey IQ. Excellent (overpaid) if third liner, good 2nd liner if he is focused on hockey

Who?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

 ... Selke runner up ... 

Whether to re-sign or not to re-sign aside, he wasn't runner-up ... he was 6th ... MORE than respectable ... elite defensive forward ... but he would have needed to more than triple his vote total to make the final three ... by 5.6X to have won.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

I would take a gamble on Laine , play him with he's country men maybe that will inspire him. 

 

It's not as simple as that though.  Which core young asset are you parting with to get him?  You mention playing with a countryman might help but the one you're thinking of putting him with would almost certainly have to be in the trade to get him.  Laine isn't a UFA for two more years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

It's not as simple as that though.  Which core young asset are you parting with to get him?  You mention playing with a countryman might help but the one you're thinking of putting him with would almost certainly have to be in the trade to get him.  Laine isn't a UFA for two more years.

You mean Poehling, Fleury, Kulak and two firsts won't get Laine and Jones?
😉

 

Totally agree that CBJ would want a lot for Laine (they gave up their supposed 1C for the future to get him) ...I expect KK or Caufield, or both ... they'd likely start by asking for Suzuki but that is undoubtably off the table ... even if MB could somehow pull off a trade, Laine needs a contract for next season ... no guarantee they could sign him to a multi-year deal that would work within their current cap structure ... MAYBE, coming off his worst season (21g/82gm pace), they might be able to get him to take a one year "rehabilitation" contract at an un-ridiculous AAV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

You mean Poehling, Fleury, Kulak and two firsts won't get Laine and Jones?
😉

 

Totally agree that CBJ would want a lot for Laine (they gave up their supposed 1C for the future to get him) ...I expect KK or Caufield, or both ... they'd likely start by asking for Suzuki but that is undoubtably off the table ... even if MB could somehow pull off a trade, Laine needs a contract for next season ... no guarantee they could sign him to a multi-year deal that would work within their current cap structure ... MAYBE, coming off his worst season (21g/82gm pace), they might be able to get him to take a one year "rehabilitation" contract at an un-ridiculous AAV.

Not really I think they would be more than happy to trade him. But if we can't resign Danault I would offer up Danault UFA rights and a draft pic to Columbus for rights to Laine 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Not really I think they would be more than happy to trade him. But if we can't resign Danault I would offer up Danault UFA rights and a draft pic to Columbus for rights to Laine 

 

And Columbus does that why?  Danault says I don't want to sign there and then all they get out of the Laine trade is an undisclosed draft pick.  Danault's negotiation rights on their own aren't worth more than a mid-round pick, probably a 5th.  That can't be the centrepiece of a deal for Laine...or anyone for that matter.

 

For the Blue Jackets to consider dealing Laine, the deal would have to involve Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, or Caufield.  If one of them isn't in there, they won't do it as it would make no sense for them.  He is basically their franchise forward.  They're not taking anything but another (potential) franchise forward back if they're moving him.

 

Again, Laine is not a pending UFA, he's an RFA with two years of team control.  You're not getting him for pennies on the dollar which is basically what you're proposing here and negotiation rights are meaningless considering he could conceivably sign an offer sheet if he was so inclined.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Not really I think they would be more than happy to trade him. But if we can't resign Danault I would offer up Danault UFA rights and a draft pic to Columbus for rights to Laine 

 

Not even Columbus is that poorly managed.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Expect a deep dive on crosschecking this off-season. A few years ago, it was slashing — which became heavily penalized.

- 31 Thoughts; Elliotte Friedman

 

THAT could be bad news for the Habs defence ... Weber and Chiarot in particular

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Expect a deep dive on crosschecking this off-season. A few years ago, it was slashing — which became heavily penalized.

- 31 Thoughts; Elliotte Friedman

 

THAT could be bad news for the Habs defence ... Weber and Chiarot in particular


Oh Lord captain crosscheck may as well retire - it’s 60% of his game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:


Oh Lord captain crosscheck may as well retire - it’s 60% of his game 

Dont worry will still depend on; score of game, if happens in 3rd period, if player cross-checked a 4th liner, how many more penalties on team has already be called for in game, if is a tuesday or a saturday.... 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Expect a deep dive on crosschecking this off-season. A few years ago, it was slashing — which became heavily penalized.

- 31 Thoughts; Elliotte Friedman

 

THAT could be bad news for the Habs defence ... Weber and Chiarot in particular

 

It could be good news for Brendan Gallagher, Josh Anderson, and a few other Habs forwards though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Expect a deep dive on crosschecking this off-season. A few years ago, it was slashing — which became heavily penalized.

- 31 Thoughts; Elliotte Friedman

 

THAT could be bad news for the Habs defence ... Weber and Chiarot in particular

 

They'll be sure to include an exemption that Shea Weber may crosscheck as much as he pleases.  It's his god-given right after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

 

It could be good news for Brendan Gallagher, Josh Anderson, and a few other Habs forwards though.

Maybe good news for Anderson. I’m pretty sure referees will still allow no holds-barred all out assaults on Gallagher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Maybe good news for Anderson. I’m pretty sure referees will still allow no holds-barred all out assaults on Gallagher.

It's hard to watch sometimes. The force he takes in the back game in game out is viscous 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Wow Chicago clearing cap room with that trade. 

 

I think Chicago is going to pick up one of the young D available to replace Keith. maybe Jones?🤔

 

A lot of that will depend on if Toews and his $10.5M cap hit is back off LTIR next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, huzer said:

 

A lot of that will depend on if Toews and his $10.5M cap hit is back off LTIR next season. 

It's funny everyone said habs would be in cap hell with price and weber contracts, but it you look at it everyone who has signed their forward group to big money deals are the ones always in trouble with the cap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • dlbalr pinned this topic
  • tomh009 unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...