Seattle to Select Cale Fleury in Expansion Draft

Commandant

RDs are hard to find. Doing the mock expansion draft was difficult for me for that perspective

Habs will need to draft RDs this year and go hunting for one in the off season for short-term ( Weber stop gap)

Drouin, I would think, would have depended on what their research told them about his "issues." If he has addiction issues, for example, I would steer the hell away. If anxiety or depression are the issue, then if I'm Francis, I give him serious consideration.

Byron, ha ha, no.

Fleury: I liked him, but he never seemed to get the call-up, so presumably the Julien-DD regime was not sold. Oh well. He probably tops out as a #5 anyway.

2 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Maybe Bergevin could of worked out a side deal if they took on his salary cap hit. 

I'd not absorb any cap hit, or lose assets for another to do so, if I know Drouin can't/won't play in MTL.  You tell him it's either deal with whatever his issues are and play here, or stay on LTIR...that no trade to accomodate him will be made if it costs us anything of value or cap....and if he doesn't like it, retire.  We've given up enough (Sergachev)...stop the bleeding and be done with him another way.

I think it was always between him or Kulak from Seattle's standpoint. Based on their selections they are planning on going for cheap contracts unless it's the guy they really want. It really is unfortunate that all these leaks are happening. Kind of adds no excitement for the reveal at 8pm. Same thing happened with Vegas though. You knew the team ahead of it.

Was kind of hoping it would be Drouin or Kulak.  Big, young, right-handed defensemen with upside are a valuable commodity.  That said, he's coming off a down year and is a project.  Not a big loss.

27 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

What's the point of watching it tonight now?? Very bad job of Seattle keeping these pick quite  until the live broadcast of the draft. 

Given a few of the headscratchers that were picked, there are side deals in play. I haven't heard of any of the trades leaking.

15 minutes ago, huzer said:

Given a few of the headscratchers that were picked, there are side deals in play. I haven't heard of any of the trades leaking.

Either that, or Seattle is pulling the ultimate troll job.

2 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

#### was hoping Drouin or Byron 

That would have cost MB something ... and with a decent RHD semi-prospect available it might have been somewhat costly 

BTW I say "semi-prospect" only because he turns 23 in November and this will be his fourth pro season ... players time as a "prospect" only lasts so long.

34 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I guess now we wait to see if Bergevin blinked and gave up an asset to protect Price or not.

He better not have.

Carey's remains one of the most difficult to move contracts in the league, the Kraken never wanted to take it on with all their other goaltending options.  As it is, smooth maneuvering by Bergy to keep Allen.  Fleury was always going to be available, we'll see if he pans out.  Guess it's Josh Brook's time to step up.

16 minutes ago, Neech said:

He better not have.

Carey's remains one of the most difficult to move contracts in the league, the Kraken never wanted to take it on with all their other goaltending options.  As it is, smooth maneuvering by Bergy to keep Allen.  Fleury was always going to be available, we'll see if he pans out.  Guess it's Josh Brook's time to step up.

Smooth maneuvering by PRICE to keep Allen ... from all reports, MB did not approach Price asking him to waive his NMC (which I believe MB would have had to do by a week ago yesterday) ... Carey approached MB shortly before the deadline for players to waive their NMCs (end of last week) ... having never asked Price to waive his NMC, clearly MB was willing to either lose Allen or trade him and lose someone else ... Price managed the roster perfectly.

7 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Smooth maneuvering by PRICE to keep Allen ... from all reports, MB did not approach Price asking him to waive his NMC (which I believe MB would have had to do by a week ago yesterday) ... Carey approached MB shortly before the deadline for players to waive their NMCs (end of last week) ... having never asked Price to waive his NMC, clearly MB was willing to either lose Allen or trade him and lose someone else ... Price managed the roster perfectly.

The guy is management material!