2021 Entry Draft

Trizzak

Bettman finally congratulated us on reaching the final. Didn't do it during the Stanley Cup presentation like he usually does for the runner up. Seemed like this was something he was told to do since I'm sure there were some complaints. 

Tom Gorton is so stiff he makes concrete look flexible ... he needs some SERIOUS broadcasting coaching

Encouraging to me to see Coronato go 14 to Calgary. 

Farrell was as good or better than him last season. Seems like a good sign that the Habs got great value for that Farrell pick. Time will tell!

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Fair

Though i have already prepared for some picks i know nothing about and some of my guys to fall.  This will be the weirdest draft ever for a variety of reasons

Ok, I'm losing my mind at how stupid the Senators are

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Tom Gorton is so stiff he makes concrete look flexible ... he needs some SERIOUS broadcasting coaching

I just turned on the draft now. Who are these clowns on Sportsnet? Is this an NHL channel or ESPN feed?  I thought the usual Sportsnet guys were bad🙄

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Ok, I'm losing my mind at how stupid the Senators are

If we are really lucky he becomes the next Logan Brown ... who was going to be the next great power forward just 5 years ago

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

If we are really lucky he becomes the next Logan Brown ... who was going to be the next great power forward just 5 years ago

Logan Brown wasn't an off the board pick at least.  This guy was ranked as a second rounder by almost everyone... I had him as a late second. 

Don’t know who is worst the stupid panel they have, or the woman doing the interviews. Sportsnet doesn’t seem as bad now!

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Could watch a full movie between the start of the draft and when the Habs will pick. Good god, drawing this out is not good television.

Huh? How are they drawing it out? Hasn't 5 minutes per pick been the norm for a while? You should try watching an NFL draft where they recently decreased the time per pick to 10 minutes (from 15 minutes) when they started doing it in prime time.

32 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

I’d rather be having a late night root canal right now. 

This. Is. Brutal. 

ESPN can’t do anything right. 

I like it. As much as I enjoyed just getting the TSN feed from NBCSN, it was kind of bush league to not produce their own presentation.

7 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Don’t know who is worst the stupid panel they have, or the woman doing the interviews. Sportsnet doesn’t seem as bad now!

What is wrong with her? She's doing fine.

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Watching Fabian Lysell drop..... just a little more.....

Hey, remember when you were really high on Pasternak and the Bruins picked him right before the Habs could?

Just bringing that up for no reason. Don't mind me.

• Upvote 1

9 picks away from the Habs ... 2 of the top-rated QMJHL players still on the board (Xavier Bourgault and Zachary L'Heureux) ... Quebec media will go nuts if one of them isn't taken if they are still there.

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Hey, remember when you were really high on Pasternak and the Bruins picked him right before the Habs could?

Just bringing that up for no reason. Don't mind me.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

9 picks away from the Habs ... 2 of the top-rated QMJHL players still on the board (Xavier Bourgault and Zachary L'Heureux) ... Quebec media will go nuts if one of them isn't taken if they are still there.

And Xavier is gone ... Timmins breathing easier?

One of em gone.

TVA comments on Xavier Bourgault ... huge skill ... great shot ... great scorer ... only criticism that he didn't deliver in the playoffs ... the perfect Oiler?

Mostly kidding ... couldn't resist