2021 Entry Draft

Trizzak

2 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Let's be honest, if he is a legit NHL talent, by the time he is in the NHL making an impact, a big chunk of the fan base will have forgotten about it altogether or say something to the effect of "I don't like the guy, but he helps the team win, so go Habs!" As long as a player plays at a high level, most fans will overlook just about anything. Just watch the Kareem Hunt and Ray Rice videos. Rice was washed up and was thus blacklisted. But because he was still an elite talent, Kareem Hunt was snatched up an immediately and after an initial ruckus, that died down as soon as he started scoring touchdowns.

I would feel differently about the situation if Mailloux violently assaulted a woman, like Hunt or Rice did.  

4 minutes ago, Neech said:

I would feel differently about the situation if Mailloux violently assaulted a woman, like Hunt or Rice did.  

I would hope so. I just brought them up to make the point that the majority of the fan base will quickly forgive him if he turns out to be a good player. There will be a token reminder every now and then, but largely it will be water under the bridge.

I'm trying to understand the difference in terminology and language used by different mediaon this Mailloux.

Luc Gelinas stated in french on RDS that he is a "sexual abuser" 

Mailloux has been charged . I need to see the term used in Sweden but in the English articles it says "defamation" & "violation of privacy"

I think the kid needs to be made an example (unfortunately for him) but to put him side by side with a sexual abuser and drag the Habs organization to the depths is in my view irresponsible and perhaps even lawfully punishable

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another thing.

Stating that one has daughters and sisters and wives etc ....as a reason to be ashamed and upset about this is in itself Wrong and outdated misogynistic vocabulary. Any human any being with legal and moral rights should be respected and treated with decency.. ( this is what pisses off feminists and humanists the most... That the basis of having loved ones that are women justifies why now you are upset.)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CoRvInA said:

Another thing.

Stating that one has daughters and sisters and wives etc ....as a reason to be ashamed and upset about this is in itself Wrong and outdated misogynistic vocabulary. Any human any being with legal and moral rights should be respected and treated with decency.. ( this is what pisses off feminists and humanists the most... That the basis of having loved ones that are women justifies why now you are upset.)

I don't think you get the nuance; as a male, being more in-tune with how words and actions affect female sensitivities differently is "a thing"

Personally, there are ways of expressing myself that I find offensive now that I thought were just fine 20-30 years ago. That comes from learning about becoming more in-tune

Logan has to show he has gained that personal skill: empathy; and it this case, empathy, maturity and jugement.

Looking at the history of picks 63 & 64 the best selections historically are

63 - David Krejci (most games, most goals and most points)

64 - Brad Richards (most games, most goals and most points)

One can dream

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CoRvInA said:

Another thing.

True, but when you’re responding to someone who expresses openly misogynist views, invoking daughters/sisters/wives is a valid way to try get them to reconceive of women as human beings. That’s why this rhetorical device continues to be used, and maybe even continues to be necessary. 

Just now, dlbalr said:

Riley Kidney could be an interesting pickup as well.

You are so smart (LOL)

Oliver Kapanen was able to make his professional hockey debut this season, playing five games for JoKP in the Mestis, the second division of Finnish hockey. He scored three goals and two assists for five points in that short loan. He also played for Kalpa’s junior team in the Finnish Under-20 league. In 37 games, Kapanen scored 25 goals and 16 assists for 41 points. He joined the Finnish Team at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships. He suffered a scary injury in the tournament but has recovered.

Just now, dlbalr said:

And at 64, Oliver Kapanen.

Habs RD depth is going to come from somewhere else than the draft

They went for talented scoring forwards!

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

And at 64, Oliver Kapanen.

His big brother Kasperi could be available at the trade deadline if Pittsburgh out of it (pending RFA) ... just looking ahead

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

True, but when you’re responding to someone who expresses openly misogynist views, invoking daughters/sisters/wives is a valid way to try get them to reconceive of women as human beings. That’s why this rhetorical device continues to be used, and maybe even continues to be necessary. 

Agree if u are responding to someone personally perhaps.. But to write in media where All are reading. My GF was quite pissed at hearinge reas outloud Gelinas RDS reporter state that he too has a daughter etc. It's like saying I to have a gold fish, a cat a dog and that's why I relate....