113th OA - William Trudeau

Trizzak

11 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If he's any good we can call him "The Prime Minister"

It would be great if he is even anywhere near as good as Le Sénateur.

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Geez, I hardly think proposing an obvious nickname is "political," but I guess nerves are a bit raw on this site right now - understandably

It was BCH's posts that reveal how he feels about Trudeau that scared me.  I dont want to walk that road in this thread

15 hours ago, Commandant said:

Lets not bring Politics into the discussion.

Its not in any way relevant, other than that the last name is the same.

I fully expect that by the time he makes the Habs team (assuming he does), Canada will have a prime minister not named Trudeau, whatever party that prime minister is from. So, at that point it will be just a nickname, the same last name as two former prime ministers.

16 hours ago, Commandant said:

Lets not bring Politics into the discussion.

Its not in any way relevant, other than that the last name is the same.

Come on, i thought you had to be joking.:bonk:

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Doubt he makes the team but Trudeau is one of 16 defencemen invited to Canadas WJC summer camp.

Always a good sign of NHL potential ... not guaranteed stardom ... but potential

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

I fully expect that by the time he makes the Habs team (assuming he does), Canada will have a prime minister not named Trudeau, whatever party that prime minister is from. So, at that point it will be just a nickname, the same last name as two former prime ministers.

Well, exactly. The nickname - which won’t stick anyway, he’ll be “Willy,” because today’s athletes no longer know how to allocate nicknames - in no way implies adulation of either Trudeau the Elder or Lesser. It just recognizes the obvious and famous associations of the name. Oh well.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, exactly. The nickname - which won’t stick anyway, he’ll be “Willy,” because today’s athletes no longer know how to allocate nicknames - in no way implies adulation of either Trudeau the Elder or Lesser. It just recognizes the obvious and famous associations of the name. Oh well.

I'm disappointed that bilbo hasn't taken off for Cole caufield.

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The total lack of creativity is indeed an ongoing disappointment.

I much admire Pierre who was a highly educated , competent and principled adult in a position he was appropriate in.... but Trudeau Extra Lite.. .Dopey the flake has made such a name impossible to hear on a regular basis while watching les glorieux. Even though my early Canadian ancestors lived on a farm close to the Trudeau farm in La Prairie. I'd prefer a family name that is less conflicted.... like Schitthead or something. 😊

6 hours ago, Toronthab said:

I much admire Pierre who was a highly educated , competent and principled adult in a position he was appropriate in.... but Trudeau Extra Lite.. .Dopey the flake has made such a name impossible to hear on a regular basis while watching les glorieux. Even though my early Canadian ancestors lived on a farm close to the Trudeau farm in La Prairie. I'd prefer a family name that is less conflicted.... like Schitthead or something. 😊

And you go exactly where a hockey blog need not, and should not, tread ... 

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2021 at 9:01 AM, GHT120 said:

And you go exactly where a hockey blog need not, and should not, tread ... 

Honest expression among adults is the hallmark of a democratic culture. And note that our chief flake has further piled a lifetime of misery on the teenager who in the midst of an ill considered exchange with a girl who blows strangers has had the whole world descend upon him, and now Flakey. Perhaps it was my education in western philosophy and sensitivity to the incoherencies of western Marxism along with the mass murder's but Flakey does not even know where he gets his "thought" material. I do. And unlike him, I'm a liberal incidentally. We could use fewer dramatic readings heaped on this kid for his behavior. Interesting that no one is criticizing him for the actual act. Or her. These points are relevant and blatantly so.