2021 Free Agent Frenzy

Trizzak

5 minutes ago, huzer said:

Arpon Basu said to be prepared for Savard's salary to be "shocking". Ugh.

Uh oh. I am growing more and more concerned that he is meant to be the Weber replacement. 😧 

If Timmins’s interview remarks are any indication, the Habs are very, very pleased with the “Clydesdale” model on the back end. That’s fine, it’s a clear vision of how the defence should be built, great. But surely they learned over the four playoff rounds that teams *also* require quality puck movers?? Can’t they see how much puck-movers helped Vegas and TB against us - ?!?

My UFA shortlist barring top no brainers like Hamilton and DeAngelo and Ryan Suter...

Would be

Getzlaf or Pies Suter on the forward side for depth at C

Hakpanaa or Montour or...... Zdeno Chara for the 3rd pair! That's right Chara

I wouldnt mind a trade package to send a couple forwards and picks to upgrade LW

With a legit point producer... (take a flyer in Tarasenko? On the cheap)

OK, it’s definitely going to be a “platoon” system on the back end, then…no true #1 D-man.

I just want to see them add a legitimate puck-mover at this point. Upgrade on Kulak.

Incidentally, Van radio was reporting Savard at 4 X 4, which seems manageable.

Louie Belpedio to Habs. 1 year for 750k according to TSN (TW contract)

So as of this moment, the Habs have roughly $6M, with Lehkonen and Kotkaniemi to sign. Yes, I know things will change (Weber LTIR, trades, etc).

I guess the shocking part of Savard was that he didn't get a raise. Cheaper contract than I expected.

Just now, huzer said:

So as of this moment, the Habs have roughly $6M, with Lehkonen and Kotkaniemi to sign. Yes, I know things will change (Weber LTIR, trades, etc).

We can go over CAP and straighten things out later

2 hours ago, huzer said:

Arpon Basu said to be prepared for Savard's salary to be "shocking". Ugh.

The shock is that after this tweet we expected 5.5M/year and then its below 4. 👍

5 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

The shock is that after this tweet we expected 5.5M/year and then its below 4. 👍

Arpon's tweet was a reaction to the contracts other defensemen had been reported to be getting. Right-handed defensemen are getting paiiiiiiiiiiiid today.

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Arpon's tweet was a reaction to the contracts other defensemen had been reported to be getting. Right-handed defensemen are getting paiiiiiiiiiiiid today.

Add Blake Coleman.