2021 Free Agent Frenzy

Trizzak

Just now, Trizzak said:

Philip Danault to LA. $5.5 x 6.

Holy God. At that ridiculous price/term they are welcome to him.

The more I read up on Savard the more convinced I am he will be a great fit and a strong ‘value’ signing like Chiarot. But if we fail to add a puck-mover then this summer will be a failure overall, period.

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Philip Danault to LA. $5.5 x 6.

Good for him. And good for the Habs we aren’t paying him that coin. 

he is excellent at what he does, but he needs more offense to be worthy of that contract. 

im also glad he is in the west where Suzuki et al won’t need to deal with him unless it’s the finals!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neech said:

Gutted to lose Danault.  Not sure that all these defensive defensemen will be nearly as effective without the stud defensive C.

no way could we sign him for 6 years with KK in the picture. That is an irresponsible contract for LA but it would be even worse for us

46 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Charles Hudon signs in Tampa.

He went overseas because he didn't want to play in the minors anymore, then signs with a team that will probably put him in the minors.  Not the landing spot I expected for him.

2 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Good for Pizza-Phil. He worked hard for years and now he got his payday. And happy we are not the ones to overpay him.

I'd rather pay Danault that money over the next six years than Gallagher or Anderson.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Holy God. At that ridiculous price/term they are welcome to him.

The more I read up on Savard the more convinced I am he will be a great fit and a strong ‘value’ signing like Chiarot. But if we fail to add a puck-mover then this summer will be a failure overall, period.

That’s only .5m/yr more than what what MB offered him at the start of the year.

But that deal is off the table...

Pies Suter would be a very nice addition to push Evans Poehling and Paquette 

And I still think Hakanpaa is a solid depth player.

There just isn't a mobile puck mover on the UFA market worth having... maybe Norlinder is further along then we think

4 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Pies Suter would be a very nice addition to push Evans Poehling and Paquette

I keep seeing this name on the boards... Is there a Suter out there known for loving pie or something?

36 minutes ago, Neech said:

Gutted to lose Danault.  Not sure that all these defensive defensemen will be nearly as effective without the stud defensive C.

Time for Kotkaniemi and Evans to step up their games -- and for Ducharme to give them the opportunity.

38 minutes ago, Neech said:

I'd rather pay Danault that money over the next six years than Gallagher or Anderson.

But would you have wanted all three? 

I’m sad to see him go but happy we did not lock into that contract. 

Just now, Fanpuck33 said:

I am shocked that the Avs let Grubauer get away, especially for such a reasonable price. Could they be players for MAF with Chicago retaining a little salary?

They could be but Darcy Kuemper may be the more likely target. 

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Charles Hudon signs in Tampa.

Seems like an expensive two-way deal ... CapFriendly suggests a $350K minmum guaranteed overall salary (i.e., between AHL and NHL) ... I guess he is in the mix for their 11th - 14th forward spots ... the best I recall him playing was a couple of seasons ago when was on the 4th line ... he focused on being "a pest", trying to take advantage if/when scoring opportunities arose ... if he has learned the lesson that he is a good AHL scorer but isn't an offensive player in the NHL and needs to be a 4th line "stuff" disturber to play regularly in the NHL he has a chance to be a TBL instead of a Crunch.

2 hours ago, Neech said:

I don’t want to be rude, so all I can say is that’s a seriously misguided thought. Gallagher and Anderson will provide far more value. If Danault was a reliable 15-20 goal scorer instead of a guy who often looked like he couldn’t score into an empty net, I would have been fine with the Canadiens re-signing him at that price. LA will be regretting that contact sooner rather than later. 

Hoffman signs in Montreal for 4 years at $4.5m AAV.  I know Montreal has been trying to get him for a few years.

Curious to see if there is anything else going to happen at center. 

Wonder if MB was after Getzlaf and settled for Hoffman ... or wanted both, and planned on clearing some cap to follow.

10 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Avs trade for Kuemper..

First and a prospect

And a good prospect at that, Conor Timmins is an NHL-calibre piece.  That's a lot to give up when they could have upped the ante for Grubauer a bit more.