2021 Free Agent Frenzy

Trizzak

4 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

And suter goes to the wings...

$3.25M/year, so almost as much as we'll be paying Hoffman. We wouldn't have been able to sign both -- whether we would have been better off with Suter is an excellent question.

7 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

And suter goes to the wings...

That's a bigger contract than I thought he'd get and I like Suter.  There aren't many bargains to be had this year, that's for sure.

16 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That's a bigger contract than I thought he'd get and I like Suter.  There aren't many bargains to be had this year, that's for sure.

I thought he'd get over 3 which made sense to why he wasn't qualified 

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

$3.25M/year, so almost as much as we'll be paying Hoffman. We wouldn't have been able to sign both -- whether we would have been better off with Suter is an excellent question.

We will see enough of him in Detroit next year...

9 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Looks like Suter to Dallas 4years around 3.65mil a year.  Would of loved to see him in Montreal. 

Signed till he is 40, doesnt seem good idea. But maybe he is Chelios-like?

4 hours ago, PMAC said:

I don’t want to be rude, so all I can say is that’s a seriously misguided thought. Gallagher and Anderson will provide far more value. If Danault was a reliable 15-20 goal scorer instead of a guy who often looked like he couldn’t score into an empty net, I would have been fine with the Canadiens re-signing him at that price. LA will be regretting that contact sooner rather than later. 

Danault consistently drives possession against the other team's best players, and is an underrated passer who can chip in 40 points over a full year. He is a truly elite shutdown centre while not being a minus on offense, which in my opinion is more valuable positionally than a middle-6 wing and merits 2nd line money.  The C position has gone from a strength to a weakness unless we make a major addition, Suzuki and KK will no longer be sheltered.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

And a good prospect at that, Conor Timmins is an NHL-calibre piece.  That's a lot to give up when they could have upped the ante for Grubauer a bit more.

Agreed, a lot to give up. Colorado put themselves in a spot where they were desperate.  Was it worth it to save 2.4million this year?  Plus Kuemper is a free agent after next year. Strange. 

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Danault consistently drives possession against the other team's best players, and is an underrated passer who can chip in 40 points over a full year. He is a truly elite shutdown centre while not being a minus on offense, which in my opinion is more valuable positionally than a middle-6 wing and merits 2nd line money.  The C position has gone from a strength to a weakness unless we make a major addition, Suzuki and KK will no longer be sheltered.

True, but LA is very soon( season after next) going to be paying their no offence 3rd line center $5.5 per year. That’s a big tab in a hard cap system. I would have loved for the Habs to re-sign Danault but not at that price. 

6 minutes ago, PMAC said:

True, but LA is very soon( season after next) going to be paying their no offence 3rd line center $5.5 per year. That’s a big tab in a hard cap system. I would have loved for the Habs to re-sign Danault but not at that price. 

I don't really get it from LA's perspective, unless they're looking to move off of Kopitar soon.

57 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Not yet. No word on anyone else pursuing him at the moment.

The Sportsnet or TSN guys (don’t remember which - I was flipping back and forth) were going on about how perfect it would be for him to come back home and play for the Leafs. Hopefully that won’t happen. 

2 hours ago, Neech said:

I dont think Suzuki needs sheltering... 

48 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The Sportsnet or TSN guys (don’t remember which - I was flipping back and forth) were going on about how perfect it would be for him to come back home and play for the Leafs. Hopefully that won’t happen. 

Perry is an Ontario Habs fan like myself.

He wants in MTL and I'm sure after a move or 2 we will sign him

11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Not yet. No word on anyone else pursuing him at the moment.

10 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Have also seen talk that TBL might be looking at him ... pretty much ANY legit playoff team would be smart to at least think about approaching him ... great 4th liner with grit, some offence and leadership

Savard and Hoffman have a chance to be the best players to have worn those numbers for the Habs ... Savard versus Desharnais, Andrighetto and Juulsen ... Hoffman only has Weber to surpass (Yannick Weber) ... Paquette unlikely to beat out Cammalleri, Tanguay or Domi (unless by longevity) ... Wideman has almost no hope (Pete Mahovolich, Richard Zednik)

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

What's the deal with Rask ??

Hip surgery, he's out for the first half of next season (if not a big longer).  They'll go with Ullmark/Swayman to start and if they're faltering, they'll sign him midseason.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Savard and Hoffman have a chance to be the best players to have worn those numbers for the Habs ... Savard versus Desharnais, Andrighetto and Juulsen ... Hoffman only has Weber to surpass (Yannick Weber) ... Paquette unlikely to beat out Cammalleri, Tanguay or Domi (unless by longevity) ... Wideman has almost no hope (Pete Mahovolich, Richard Zednik)

I don’t think wiseman will even beat out Kjell Dahlin.

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No shocker that he moves on.  With two young goalies in their system, that seems like a bad landing spot in terms of getting playing time.

Hope he likes Utica ... shared AHL team with Vancouver ... IMO, Blues in trouble if Lindgren is their back-up