Doing the math

titanfan

1 minute ago, titanfan said:

Mike Hoffman at $4.5 million/season.

Only about $1 million of the Weber Cap relief left if we sign KK, Lehkonen and Perry

A trade is surely in the works.

8 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

A trade is surely in the works.

My guess for KK ($3.5), Lehkonen ($2.8) and Perry ($1) may be a little off, but that still only leaves about $2m and we need that for call ups, etc. 

Edited by titanfan
EDIT to fix Lehkonen number

Capgeek shows $973,630 left for Cap Space.

Still to sign as RFAs:

KK

Lehkonen

As UFA:

Perry

Potential Cap Relief for Weber:

$7.857

If my number are accurate for KK, Leks and Perry - we have $1.5 million left after Weber Cap Relief.

7 minutes ago, titanfan said:

My guess for KK ($3.5), Lehkonen ($3.8) and Perry ($1) may be a little off, but that still only leaves about $2m and we need that for call ups, etc. 

An almost 60% raise (from $2.4M) for Lehkonen ... I would be shocked ... especially if Hoffman signs and we have million and millions on the 4th line wings.

KK and Perry seem in the ballpark to me.  

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

An almost 60% raise (from $2.4M) for Lehkonen ... I would be shocked ... especially if Hoffman signs and we have million and millions on the 4th line wings.

KK and Perry seem in the ballpark to me.  

I corrected Lehkonen to $2.8.  Can you call hitting the wrong number key - a spelling mistake?

What if KK and Leks are pieces in a potential Eichel trade?  They haven’t been signed because of sign and trades?  

KK + Leks + roster players with salary + picks.  No rumour, just a thought.

I'm confused and bummed as to why Perry hasn't been resigned yet.  It kinda reminds me of when the Habs lost Kovalev because he didnt resign quick enough and Gainey had to get somebody before other teams signed the available players.  I certainly hope that isnt the case with Perry.  I want to see him return for sure, but maybe he is considering retirement? 

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm confused and bummed as to why Perry hasn't been resigned yet.  It kinda reminds me of when the Habs lost Kovalev because he didnt resign quick enough and Gainey had to get somebody before other teams signed the available players.  I certainly hope that isnt the case with Perry.  I want to see him return for sure, but maybe he is considering retirement? 

It’s because he has not yet responded to the Habs’ offer.

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

It’s because he has not yet responded to the Habs’ offer.

I tend to view MB signing Paquete as a replacement for Perry - not that he replaces him, he just takes up 1 spot.  i.e. I have the impression that MB has signed too many Forwards now to bring Perry back.

2 hours ago, titanfan said:

I corrected Lehkonen to $2.8.  Can you call hitting the wrong number key - a spelling mistake?

Not a spelling mistake, but certainly a typo.

I'm sure I'm reading this wrong, but Capfriendly is showing Montreal has $973k free before the Weber LTIR.  Thats nearly $9m in cap space in reality, enough for KK, Leks and could take on another $3m-$4m as I don't see KK and Leks getting more than $6m combined

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I'm sure I'm reading this wrong, but Capfriendly is showing Montreal has $973k free before the Weber LTIR.  Thats nearly $9m in cap space in reality, enough for KK, Leks and could take on another $3m-$4m as I don't see KK and Leks getting more than $6m combined

You are reading that right but the price to sign KK, Lehkonen and Perry will leave them with only about $1.5 million.

Now if they can get those guys cheaper then maybe an extra milion....

Based on what they made last year this is what can be expected:

KK - $3.5

Lehkonen - $2.8

Perry $1

That is $7.3

Weber is only $7.8 (not $9)

So $0.5 plus $900,000 is $1.4.

KK might make a little less, but Perry might make closer to $1.5....