2021/2022 Lineup Ideas

hockeyrealist

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

how can anyone besides Chantal Macabé, who has a scheduled exclusive interview, break a story about Drouin before that interview?

That was the give away for me, someone fishing for clicks, I am sure it worked .

***NOT*** saying the rumours were/are credible ... but anyone with a source they consider both close to Drouin and credible can report what they hear ... and don't know that the interview is covered by any sort of contractual exclusivity preventing Jonathan from saying anything to anyone but Chantal ... if there is any exclusivity it is likely just in the sense that he wanted her to be his first formal interview since the leave of absence.

EDITED for clarity (in blue)

9 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

***NOT*** saying the rumours were/are credible ... but anyone with a source they consider both close to Drouin and credible can report what they hear ... and don't know that the interview is covered by any sort of contractual exclusivity preventing Jonathan from saying anything to anyone but Chantal ... the exclusivity is likely an agreement that he selected her to be his first formal interview since the leave of absence.

"contractual exclusivity" I do not know what that is in this context

and how I would know that from any post I've seen.

Do you know about that?

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

"contractual exclusivity" I do not know what that is in this context

and how I would know that from any post I've seen.

Do you know about that?

We wouldn't know ... which is why I said "I don't know" ... in this context contractual exclusivity would mean a binding contract was agreed to, likely in writing and signed, that compensated Drouin and required he not speak to anyone about what happened or will happen regarding this leave of absence and future with the Habs until after the interview was aired (like signing an agreement to buy a house prevents the owner from selling it to someone else as long as the terms of the contract are met and the seller paid the agreed price) ... this could be the case here, but my impression is that is not the way Canadian networks usually do business.

The original post edited to clarify as the last sentence was not intended to imply a contract e=was signed.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It’s more clear what you mean when you explain it instead of using text formatting

Yiu are saying it was your hunch! 

Got it now:) 

No more than it was your "hunch" that he couldn't speak to anyone else because he agreed to the interview with Chantal ... 

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

No more than it was your "hunch" that he couldn't speak to anyone else because he agreed to the interview with Chantal ... 

it was reported on TSN 690, TVA and RDS that they would wait for Chantal's interview to learn more about Drouin's situation.

It was my understanding; but what do I know?! I am just poster on a Habs forum :spamafote:

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

it was reported on TSN 690, TVA and RDS that they would wait for Chantal's interview to learn more about Drouin's situation.

It was my understanding; but what do I know?! I am just poster on a Habs forum :spamafote:

I would think that they didn't want to speculate, and wanted to hear directly from Jonathan.

Marc de Foy (Journal de Montreal) today reports the cause of Drouin's absence was an "anxiety disorder" related to his play/performance ... he notes it is not unprecedented, mentioning the recent issues experienced by Naomi Osaka and that it happened as far back as the 60s when Frank Mahovlich was hospitalized with depression when he played with the Leafs under Punch Imlach ... de Foy doesn't cite a source but I assume the Journal must be comfortable the story is accurate in order to print it ... he also notes that Drouin will be interviewed by Renaud Lavoie for TVA, but doesn't provide any details on when either interview will be broadcast.

Habs are beating the bushes to find defencemen with Weber out

😉  😁

Carey Price back on the ice, for 10 minutes ... doesn't mean he is there opening night, but a good start

26 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Does anyone know of a player who is not vaxxed on our team?

Vaxx rates are very high league wide. Would be a shame if we were constantly missing one body whenever we crossed a border.

Any player not vaxxed - in addition to being a sociopathic dumbass - is a terrible teammate.

The Team can't single out players and tell the public that they are not vaxxed. 

That said, when we have a player who keeps missing games in arenas that you have to be 100% vaxxed to play in, or isn't talking to the press, or isn't crossing the border or whatever, we will soon find out who isn't vaxxed. 

Since 98% of the NHL is vaxxed, its not gonna be many players.

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The Team can't single out players and tell the public that they are not vaxxed. 

That said, when we have a player who keeps missing games in arenas that you have to be 100% vaxxed to play in, or isn't talking to the press, or isn't crossing the border or whatever, we will soon find out who isn't vaxxed. 

Since 98% of the NHL is vaxxed, its not gonna be many players.

It is possible that some bottom of the roster players (e.g., 6/7/8 defencemen, 12-13-14 forwards) making $1.125M or less (i.e., can be fully buried) ***may*** find themselves in the AHL if they are not vaccinated, simply because their teams don't need the associated complications or distractions.

47 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

It is possible that some bottom of the roster players (e.g., 6/7/8 defencemen, 12-13-14 forwards) making $1.125M or less (i.e., can be fully buried) ***may*** find themselves in the AHL if they are not vaccinated, simply because their teams don't need the associated complications or distractions.

It's certainly possible.

12 minutes ago, sim.on said:

Jason Demerse is still UFA. 

We might be up against the cap and Savard might already fill our quota on the right side. Might be a interesting player, a local guy as well.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him ink a PTO deal somewhere over the next few days.  I don't think Montreal would give him a guaranteed deal but if they want to hedge their bets with Wideman, it might make sense for the Habs to give him a tryout.

10 minutes ago, sim.on said:

We might be up against the cap and Savard might already fill our quota on the right side. Might be a interesting player, a local guy as well.

Habs have 7 NHL contracts on defence (Petry, Edmundson, Savard, Chiarot, Romanov, Kulak, Wideman) ... but Kulak does not see to be "in favour" ... if none of the rookie D make the team AND the Habs could move Kluak AND get Demers at Brett's AAV or less ($1.85M) it could be an interesting idea ... it would be quite a drop in AAV for Demers but it wouldn't seem he is likely to get a much better contract at this point ... Wideman/Demers as the 6/7 wouldn't be terrible.

29 minutes ago, sim.on said:

No interest in yet another defensive defenceman who can't move the puck personally. 

We really need a puck mover and Demers isn't it.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

No interest in yet another defensive defenceman who can't move the puck personally. 

We really need a puck mover and Demers isn't it.

Agree...and I'd add that we don't really need a #7 puck-mover either, since we already have that in Kulak. (He should be higher on the depth chart IMHO but the coaches seem to hate his guts). I mean, I won't rip my hair out if they sign such a guy, but it's a legit top-6 puck-mover we need, not a marginal player.

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agree...and I'd add that we don't really need a #7 puck-mover either, since we already have that in Kulak. (He should be higher on the depth chart IMHO but the coaches seem to hate his guts). I mean, I won't rip my hair out if they sign such a guy, but it's a legit top-6 puck-mover we need, not a marginal player.

IMO its a legit top 4 puck mover the Habs need ... someone who will get 20+ minutes per game ... ideally a RHD who can push Savard or Edmondson (switching sides) down to play with Romanov

Edmundson - Petry

Chiarot - Legit top 4 PMD

Romanov - Savard

Would be ideal. 

With the lack of cap space that we have, I don't see how we get that player though... so its hope and pray with Wideman/Norlinder/Kulak and maybe someone on waivers.

Jamming up the works even more than they are with Demers seems the wrong move though.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

IMO its a legit top 4 puck mover the Habs need ... someone who will get 20+ minutes per game ... ideally a RHD who can push Savard or Edmondson (switching sides) down to play with Romanov

Why is Edmundson switching sides? I can't see breaking up the Edmundson-Petry pairing.