NHL, players agree to return to Olympics in 2022, 2026

GHT120

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Like the North Division last season, this is a rare example of the NHL getting something right. Good! 👍

Of course the season just got compressed AGAIN ... Jake Allen becomes all the more important ... assuming the forwards (i.e., centres) and D-corps can keep the habs in games

While I enjoy the Olympics, I don't enjoy as much trying to come up with three weeks of filler material for HW in the middle of a season.  I may be delaying the prospect rankings again for this season just so we have something to run at that time.

• 3 months later...

Hey we get cheer for a good hockey team this year, that's fun.  I wonder if Carey will be back.

Just seeing the new look best-on-best teams from all the hockey powers will be awesome.  USA will be almost on par with Canada talent-wise (I'm giving us the edge mainly because of centre depth).

Luckily only the good NHL teams have to worry about losing players to injuries or covid, we get to avoid that stress.  Hey, maybe Canada will win gold and the Leafs will lose Matthews, Marner and Reilly hahah.

Assuming it is true, hardly a surprise