2021-22 Laval General Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Poehling injured

Anthony Marcotte (Rocket announcer on 91.9Sports) thinks it looks  a lot like a concussion

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

This needed to happen last week - there's no point in carrying him on the roster to be the 15th forward on the depth chart.

I agree and I was looking for when they were to do it.

Laval only has prospects that can be emergency NHL call ups , instead of having “green” prospects 

Caught bits and pieces of the game ... Lavallagher showed one of his strengths ... Harvey-Pinard managed to draw a penalty barely 10 seconds into a Rocket powerplay and they then scored on the 5-on-3 ... they did this weird thing where players actually moved around the ice, switching "positions" while still moving the puck quickly ... maybe they should play that video for the Habs

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

It was a bit of an odd game but Laval was able to beat Manitoba last night.

FCMTINXWYAIQ-9J?format=jpg

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I do knot like this, he does not deserve it!

I know what you mean, but they are short staffed, he has done 'well' in Laval so far (5pts 6gms) and i assume he can be sent back at any time, so will see how plays out.

I am much more curious if they dress Norlinder?

58 minutes ago, DON said:

I know what you mean, but they are short staffed, he has done 'well' in Laval so far (5pts 6gms) and i assume he can be sent back at any time, so will see how plays out.

I am much more curious if they dress Norlinder?

Question first:

As for Poehling ... goals and assists show up on scoresheets but the issue with him in pre-season was that he was generally/too-often invisible on the ice ... they kept putting him in the lineup (all 4 games) hoping to see something ... and didn't ... hopefully he has actually shown enough in ALL phases of the game to deserve the call-up ... when CC was sent down I was actually hoping he and Poehling would get at least 10 games together (maybe/likely more) to see if they could "ignite" each other and possibly come up together to anchor a new line (like 3rd) ... don't see CC there going forward but IMO it would be a good "entry-level" for him if he had chemistry with the centre.

36 minutes ago, Commandant said:

its pretty clear that they should just waive him, the coaches have no intention of doing so.

I haven't run the numbers yet since the Habs are still a ways away from getting to this point but I'm starting to wonder if they claimed Brooks for the cap hit.  Is the small difference between his sub-minimum AAV and someone making the minimum enough for them to carry an extra skater when everyone other than Weber is back?  In that case, I can see why they're not waiving him even though they don't want to use him.

5 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Any news on Caufield’s play as of late? Has he scored a goal yet in Laval?

saw some stats but they were a couple games old, even if not scoring anyone know how he’s playing? 

Yesterday, Caufield's linemates had 3g 5pts 13 shots and he had 0pts 3 shots.

Tough opponent today, undefeated and only given up 14g in 8 games. Game just started.

13 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

Don't know if this is the right thread. But do people think Teasdale or Brook get resigned?

I would expect that whether they expect to take Guhle pro next season (if he can?) and also whether Struble and/or Harris signs next spring ... as well as the plans for Xhekaj and others.